What's new

Aramis Havana soap, AS splash and EDT - I need some ideas

OK, so Aramis Havana is not available in AS splash form and Aramis brand doesn't make any soaps or creams.

That being said, if you like Aramis Havana EDT fragrance, what would be your top pics / recommendations for a soap and AS splash that has a similar scent profile or smells very much alike?

OK, so Aramis Havana is not available in AS splash form and Aramis brand doesn't make any soaps or creams.

That being said, if you like Aramis Havana EDT fragrance, what would be your top pics / recommendations for a soap and AS splash that has a similar scent profile or smells very much alike?

Welcome to B&B, Sir KrstGor!

Aramis Havana is a great tobacco-cologne scent. For me, works with a wide range of other stuff.
Do you have it? Have you tried just experimenting?

aramis.jpg

I've got Havana EdT. The closest scent among my soaps and aftershaves is Cavendish, from PAA. Cavendish is more of a straightforward pipe tobacco scent, but there are certainly similarities.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I am using this combination today:

Soap: Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba
Cologne: Havana by Aramis

Be happy to report back after my shave. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Shave 20200730
20200730_093627~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed (England)
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid

This combination of soap, aftershave and cologne is very complementary. Nice tobacco, citrus, leather notes.

I'll be using this combination again.

YMMV. :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Shave 20200730
View attachment 1132881
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed (England)
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid

This combination of soap, aftershave and cologne is very complementary. Nice tobacco, citrus, leather notes.

I'll be using this combination again.

YMMV. :)

Glad you found this thread. I ordered Aramis Havana edt for myself. I don't have many colognes or edt's and from what I read here it sounds like something I would like. I'll report back when it arrives, probably in a week or two.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Glad you found this thread. I ordered Aramis Havana edt for myself. I don't have many colognes or edt's and from what I read here it sounds like something I would like. I'll report back when it arrives, probably in a week or two.

Looking forward to your review. :)

JCarr

Aramis Havana came today. I have something from Crown Shaving Company...after shave tonic. See it in the link below.

Crown Shaving Co. After Shave Tonic - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/crown-shaving-co-after-shave-tonic

You can also get it on Amazon.

Amazon.com: After Shave Tonic 120ml After Shave by Crown Shaving Co.: Health & Personal Care - https://smile.amazon.com/After-Shave-Crown-Shaving-Co/dp/B00OHISL0W/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Crown+Shaving+Company&qid=1596559273&sr=8-4

I think that aftershave splash is a good compliment to Aramis Havana, YMMV. Havana is complex, so...depending on how you look at it, it's either very easy or very hard to match up something to it. If you're looking for an exact match, it's not easy. A shave soap with a sandalwood and vanilla scent might be close. I think if you were looking for a shave soap with all of the notes in it...you would be hard pressed to find it. If I come across a soap that's a very close match, I'll post for sure!

Good luck in your search.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:

JCarr

One soap that did come to mind is from Stirling soap company...it's called Haverford. They have the matching splash also.

Last edited:
Aramis Havana came today. I have something from Crown Shaving Company...after shave tonic. See it in the link below.

Crown Shaving Co. After Shave Tonic - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/crown-shaving-co-after-shave-tonic

You can also get it on Amazon.

Amazon.com: After Shave Tonic 120ml After Shave by Crown Shaving Co.: Health & Personal Care - https://smile.amazon.com/After-Shave-Crown-Shaving-Co/dp/B00OHISL0W/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Crown+Shaving+Company&qid=1596559273&sr=8-4

I think that aftershave splash is a good compliment to Aramis Havana, YMMV. Havana is complex, so...depending on how you look at it, it's either very easy or very hard to match up something to it. If you're looking for an exact match, it's not easy. A shave soap with a sandalwood and vanilla scent might be close. I think if you were looking for a shave soap with all of the notes in it...you would be hard pressed to find it. If I come across a soap that's a very close match, I'll post for sure!

Good luck in your search.

Happy shaves!
I don't worry about the soap, as I love the one I'm using currently. It's an artisan tobacco scented soap, called Humidor.

I wonder if WSP Mahogany soap would go with it. I tried a sample of their AS in that flavor but not the soap itself. Oh, I did try a bath soap free sample they sent me, though, so the shave soap might be a really good fit.

Top Bottom