What's new

aramis havana question

wondered if i could get some feedback on this stuff. i used to see it on ebay for ridiculous prices because it had been discontinued. now that its available again for about 45 bucks at dillards, i wondered if anyone had luck with the ladies liking this stuff. smells good to me, but then again i like bay rum, and most women i have met dont seem to. scents never smell the same worn than in the bottle anyway.

I wore this a few days ago, and I asked my wife what she thought of it (which I do a lot), and she said it was nice. She's very honest with her opinions, sometime brutally honest, so I took this as yes, it's nice, not bad but not her favorite, either. I don't expect to dazzle her every time. If she thinks it's nice, I'll wear it. And I do like this one. It is probably one that, if over applied, could pretty easily move into the "not so nice" category.

I'm glad you posted this. It reminds me to get my own Havana, recommended to me by Randy some time ago.

Randy, our wives sound very similar with regards to critiquing our colognes. But I'm also guilty of wearing several scents she doesn't care for but I love. She hasn't kicked me out. Yet. :tongue_sm

I'm finding it tough to locate a sample. Macys and Dillards carry it online but not in the store, I've checked. Perfumania doesn't have it either. That pretty much exhausts my options in this little hick town. Strangely, I can't find YSL M7 either and I thought that would be easy to find. Time to order some samples online I guess. :biggrin1:

Hiya,

I have the older version of Havana and it's one of my favorite frags. A while back a very nice member (thanks Rob) sent me a decant of the current offering and I really had a hard time telling the difference between the two (if there is one).

Luckily, it seems like this recent incarnation is true to the original, and a good value for what you get.

Martin

Last edited:
wondered if i could get some feedback on this stuff. i used to see it on ebay for ridiculous prices because it had been discontinued. now that its available again for about 45 bucks at dillards, i wondered if anyone had luck with the ladies liking this stuff. smells good to me, but then again i like bay rum, and most women i have met dont seem to. scents never smell the same worn than in the bottle anyway.

Interesting! I just responded to a post suggeting a relationship between bay rum and Aramis, but I do not think there is one so close as to turn women off.

I probably am of no great help in knowing what really works for women on men. My wife is pretty indifferent to what I wear, except she loves MdM.

I personally am enamoured with Havana and have been for a long time. The vintage may have a little big of an edge. I think I can tell them apart when they are side by side. But the current version is very close to the original and wonderful!

It is pretty much an 80s powerhouse scent though, so could seem dated to some.

I wore it today, a very good scent with 6+ hours of longevity even after a convertible drive during a windy day. Too bad they changed the bottle, that older tumbadora shape is wonderful.

I'm glad you posted this. It reminds me to get my own Havana, recommended to me by Randy some time ago.

Randy, our wives sound very similar with regards to critiquing our colognes. But I'm also guilty of wearing several scents she doesn't care for but I love. She hasn't kicked me out. Yet. :tongue_sm

Possibly the only difference is your wife has more and better reasons to keep you around, Bill. :lol:

I've been wearing Aramis in one form or another for almost 25 years. Every time my wife and I are in a place that sells AS and cologne she tests different fragrances and always comes back to Aramis.

The big thing to remember is that due to body chemistry, every fragrance is different on everyone. She recently took a liking to Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum after initially rejecting it.

It is all about what you and the female in your life enjoy.

No more tears, it's back in current production - and it's very nice stuff. It doesn't have a huge overbearing presence, but it does seem to be very good at cutting through & cancelling out other colognes in the vicinity.

Havana was my favourit fragrance back in....1994.
Too bad they stopped the production :sad:

Top Bottom