What's new

Aramis Devin

Just got a bottle of this in the latest formulation at a highly discounted price. I have always really liked this scent. I am sure the original version was even better than the current one, but the current one seems pretty good. Seems to me very much like the original Polo Green, with enough Aramis house notes to make sense that it is from Aramis. Big top notes, but good legs, too. Not all that much evolution to my nose. I forget how Polo Green is in that regard. At current prices, this is a bargain.

Any other fans?

Yep. My wife, not so much. She says it makes me smell old. But I still wear it when I have errands to run on my own.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

She says it makes me smell old.

Interesting. There are scents that I might understand that about. I would not have thought this one.

Arguably out of style, I suppose, if one thinks Polo Green is and/or Aramis is. But this one seems distinct enough so as not to be, and I would not consider Polo Green to be problematic. I think Aramis has been out of style so long, it is safe to wear it again!

I think it is great. I also love Aramis, but that has been my dad's signature for so long that everyone in my family tells me I smell like a grandpa when I wear it.

I wear them both anyway. I choose to think of them as "distinguished" instead of "old".

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I still do not get Devin as any kind of an old man scent! Pretty cool Dad who is rocking Aramis. How old is your Dad?

Next time I am in a department store I will check out the current Polo offerings. I am guessing that Devin is going to share some notes with them, enough that it will be hard to call Devin old!

Aramis is a different story. It, along with, say, the Halston scents, maybe Pierre Cardin, and maybe Polo Green, were the definitive scents of, say, 1976-77. They evoke that period to me and, thus, I hesitate to wear Aramis. I do not hesitate to wear the Halston scents or Polo Green, especially the vintage, if I happen to have it though. I do not wear Pierre Cardin. There is not rhyme or reason to it, I suppose.

It's an excellent outdoorsy frag that reminds me of a cross between Halston Z14 and Yatagan. Simple artemisia and green patchouli accents on a mossy base. Doesn't smell old. But it does conjure up images of those old magazine ads for American cars. You know the ones I speak of. Some classy boat parked in the middle of a green field of grass, with an attractive couple walking toward it, perhaps with a picnic basket or something. Very seventies. Eternally cool.

I still do not get Devin as any kind of an old man scent! Pretty cool Dad who is rocking Aramis. How old is your Dad?

Next time I am in a department store I will check out the current Polo offerings. I am guessing that Devin is going to share some notes with them, enough that it will be hard to call Devin old!

Aramis is a different story. It, along with, say, the Halston scents, maybe Pierre Cardin, and maybe Polo Green, were the definitive scents of, say, 1976-77. They evoke that period to me and, thus, I hesitate to wear Aramis. I do not hesitate to wear the Halston scents or Polo Green, especially the vintage, if I happen to have it though. I do not wear Pierre Cardin. There is not rhyme or reason to it, I suppose.
My dad is 70. He can rock Aramis. I have been wearing Devin all week just to see if anyone comments on it. Not a peep either way. So I am just gonna keep wearing it for me.

Wow, Amazon has the original formulation of Devin for $300 a bottle! Are you listening Aramis? The consumers are speaking!

I recently picked up a NOS vintage bottle of Devin - it is wonderful.
It opens with a startling herbaceous blast, evolving gracefully through spices and woods, and finishing with a beautiful dry-down with subtle leather notes, whilst still retaining freshness. More sophisticated than I had anticipated.

Top Bottom