What's new

Aramis/Azzaro Flankers?

I'm not a totally old fart yet but I have rediscovered these two classics from the 60ies resp. 70ies over this winter and liked them quite a bit.

Now as spring is nearing and they might be a bit heavy for warmer weather, are there any flankers of these two worth looking into?

Other scents that I wear regularly:
Knize 10
AdP Colonia intensa

Not happy with: YSL M7

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like Aramis Havana better than Aramis itself ... wonderful bay rum note.

The Aramis Tuscany just has too much cumin or coriander; it reminds me of Italian food! :ohmy:

Is it Azzaro Chrome that's ah, horrible? Love the original Azzaro. I'm pretty grounded in the older stuff.

AA

I like Aramis Havana better than Aramis itself ... wonderful bay rum note.

The Aramis Tuscany just has too much cumin or coriander; it reminds me of Italian food! :ohmy:

Is it Azzaro Chrome that's ah, horrible? Love the original Azzaro. I'm pretty grounded in the older stuff.

AA
Bay rum would fit perfectly, do you know by chance Aramis P900?

Count me among those who enjoy Aramis Havana more than the original. I also like Tuscany and Devin.

While I love Azzaro, the only flanker I have tried was Chrome. It did nothing for me but some seem to like it for warm weather. It has a metallic note that rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I think all of the Aramis flankers are worthwhile, at least to try. Vintage Havana to me is one of the best scents ever. The current version is okay, but saddens me compared to what it once was. Devin, New West, Tuscany, JHL, all have their charms, or at least the initial versions did.

I do not think I like any of the Azarro flankers. I suppose the Intense version is good.

The Havanna didn’t worked out for me. It is overly floral carnation, geranium...
No (Bay)Rum Tobacco or something that reconnects me to the scents of the city.

I’ll give it a second try in a couple of months.

Top Bottom