What's new

AR sight recommend

@OkieStubble, you happy with your inforce? I had one years ago and the case cracked out on me from just house and storage movements, and some static range work. there was no stress put on that rifle or light. I washed my hands of them and didn't even bother with a claim.

@OkieStubble, you happy with your inforce? I had one years ago and the case cracked out on me from just house and storage movements, and some static range work. there was no stress put on that rifle or light. I washed my hands of them and didn't even bother with a claim.

I am happy with the Inforce I have “now.” Like you, I bought the original Inforce APL years ago after their first release. It was only a 200 lumen light and the thin case Also cracked with very little effort, same as yours.

I then went and bought an Haley Strategic Inforce WML which upgraded with a bit thicker and rugged housing, along with an extra 100 lumens giving me 300.

While it could take a beating externally, the internals up and just quit working for me. Could never figure it out and get it working again.

Now, years later with a lot of lessons learned and technological advances, they make their housings with what they call, a glass reinforced nylon 6.

This allows for a lightweight and durable construction. It is also impervious to dust, sand, mud and dirt and is waterproof, not water resistant, but waterproof, up to 66 feet.

The newer model I have is the WMLX. It comes in a shorter 400 lumen and longer 800 lumen models. I think bright white high lumen high output weapon lights are over kill for inside work, and can possibly help to be a buzz kill during outside work, so I have the smaller 400 lumen model.

While it’s still probably not indestructible, most working things are not that are not named “Glock.” But for what you get? A hot white tactical light that is probably the lightest weight in the business, gives off Surefire brand type light, is probably the most ergonomically and user friendly weapons light made? Easily mounted, put on and taken off with a tightening of a small knob and pinch of the mounting rails?

And at an affordable price compared to a Surefire or Streamlight or type in most other brands here?

What’s not to love? For the money, if it breaks, I’ll just very quickly, slap on the other spare I keep in my backpack. :)

Last edited:
I am happy with the Inforce I have “now.” Like you, I bought the original Inforce APL years ago after their first release. It was only a 200 lumen light and the thin case Also cracked with very little effort, same as yours.

I then went and bought an Haley Strategic Inforce WML which upgraded with a bit thicker and rugged housing, along with an extra 100 lumens giving me 300.

While it could take a beating externally, the internals up and just quit working for me. Could never figure it out and get it working again.

Now, years later with a lot of lessons learned and technological advances, they make their housings with what they call, a glass reinforced nylon 6.

This allows for a lightweight and durable construction. It is also impervious to dust, sand, mud and dirt and is waterproof, not water resistant, but waterproof, up to 66 feet.

The newer model I have is the WMLX. It comes in a shorter 400 lumen and longer 800 lumen models. I think bright white high lumen high output weapon lights are over kill for inside work, and can possibly help to be a buzz kill during outside work, so I have the smaller 400 lumen model.

While it’s still probably not indestructible, most working things are not that are not named “Glock.” But for what you get? A hot white tactical light that is probably the lightest weight in the business, gives off Surefire brand type light, is probably the most ergonomically and user friendly weapons light made? Easily mounted, put on and taken off with a tightening of a small knob and pinch of the mounting rails?

And at an affordable price compared to a Surefire or Streamlight or type in most other brands here?

What’s not to love? For the money, if it breaks, I’ll just very quickly, slap on the other spare I keep in my backpack. :)

ok. that makes more sense. I never got comfortable with the ergos before mine broke. my setup's heavier and brighter, but I'm happy with what I have. I can C clamp and run it steady or vertigo inducing disco light. I'll hang a pic when I get home, whenever that happens to be.

and I absolutely agree on the indoor washout. and bangers are fun too. :)

ok. that makes more sense. I never got comfortable with the ergos before mine broke. my setup's heavier and brighter, but I'm happy with what I have. I can C clamp and run it steady or vertigo inducing disco light. I'll hang a pic when I get home, whenever that happens to be.

and I absolutely agree on the indoor washout. and bangers are fun too. :)
+1 on everything you just said. Absolutely concur. And lol’d @ “vertigo inducing.” :)

Would love to see a pic of your set up.

+1 on everything you just said. Absolutely concur. And lol’d @ “vertigo inducing.” :)

Would love to see a pic of your set up.

pretty big, pretty bright, some washout indoors, but not God's Q-beam either. I want to say, probably 80m of good PID range outdoors in the dark. and I got the set up for maybe $125 total.

and I'll likely end up with a shorter forearm, and likely go to M-lock when I do. I don't shoot a lot of training rounds with it mounted as it is, because who wants to buy new lenses when you don't have to.

B61AADA6-2977-4FF1-A10D-72211C739BA4_1_201_a.jpeg

Lot's of great info here on LPVO, nothing for me to add there. My experience with LPVO's is limited (I do have an AR equiped with one though).

Looking at the OP; "I’m thinking of retiring my Eotech since it is totally battery dependent."
I immediately think of two options; iron sights and an etched reticle prismatic sight. The etched reticle is still usable even if the battery is dead.

I like old-fashioned irons and I really like the military style rear sights that can be adjusted (once zeroed) to reach out to an optimistic 600 meters. The (AFT-registered) rifles pictured below have a Rock River rear sight that are a little nicer than the $40 knock-offs. No batteries to fuss with.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom