What's new

Aqua Velva scent doesn’t last

I really like the scent of the Aqua Velva classic after shave, however the scent seems to fade pretty fast. I know it’s an after shave and not a cologne, so is it supposed to fade? They only seem to offer Aqua Velva cologne in Musk, but I like the classic scent and want it to last like a cologne. Any suggestions?

All scents, AS or frag, have a time limit after application. It not only depends on the ingredients and strength of the scent, but also on your body chemistry and how it interacts with the AS/frag mix. That’s just the way it is unfortunately.

As for making the AS last a bit longer...

You could apply more initially. I also find that some AS that have faded as the day wears on, “refresh” for a bit if I throw some water on the spots I applied it, but that is even more fleeting than the original application. Another solution is to carry around a pocket sized atomizer loaded up with AV in it. A spritz or two throughout the day should help.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Dudeman!

Aqua Velva is a great starting number for anyone!
Fleeting, yes! But like so many other things in life!
Enjoy your journey!

I really like the scent of the Aqua Velva classic after shave, however the scent seems to fade pretty fast. I know it’s an after shave and not a cologne, so is it supposed to fade? They only seem to offer Aqua Velva cologne in Musk, but I like the classic scent and want it to last like a cologne. Any suggestions?
I’m going to bet you will find many scents you like. Explore the affordable edt selections and you will have more luck with longevity. There are so many.

You can stretch the longevity of aftershave out a little if you apply it to your chest and put on a t shirt quickly so it gets on the fabric. Fabric holds the scent longer.

If you use a moisturizer like an aftershave balm with very little of it's own scent such as Nivea Men, the moisturized skin will "hold" the scent of cologne or aftershave fragrances a little longer. I often mix a few drops of pricier colognes into a blob of Nivea Balm and mix it together in my hands before I apply it to my face. Works great and does prolong the scent. Since you generally want to apply Aqua Velva first I'd suggest slapping that on, that putting a bit of the AV into a blob of Nivea Balm, mixing them together and applying that on top of the first application of AV. That should work wonders. And let me tell ya, your face will be cooooool man.

M

Member 113878

I suggest Booster Polar Ice.
Similar scent, richer and more complex, lasts a bit better.
YMMV! :)

Look at it this way...now you can use your favorite EdT, EdP, or Cologne!

Top Bottom