What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic To Glass Transfer

I want to transfer my ice blue from the plastic bottle to my glass bottle. What is the easiest way to minimize spillage. Thanks guys.

Clayton

It's not completely open on the opening, just a small hole. finding a funnel that small is going to be difficult. Probably going to have to make something.

Clayton

I found a set of small funnels that are perfect for this job at my local Sally Beauty. They may have been in the clearance rack, but it's worth a shot. Your local craft stores might stock something similar.

I found a set of small funnels that are perfect for this job at my local Sally Beauty. They may have been in the clearance rack, but it's worth a shot. Your local craft stores might stock something similar.

Thanks John, I'll check this out.

Clayton

It's not completely open on the opening, just a small hole. finding a funnel that small is going to be difficult. Probably going to have to make something.

Clayton

Back in August, my wife and I went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond so she could pick up a few last minute items before we left the States. As she was perusing the store's inventory, I walked about looking for anything interesting. Lo and behold, amongst the miscellaneous small kitchen items, I found a very small funnel that works great for transfering Aqua Velva from the plastic bottle into the glass one. One word of caution, there is 2x the amount liquid in the Aqua Velva Blue plastic bottles as there is in the glass bottle - so paying attention would be worth your effort.

BJC

I just pour it in, never had a problem with spillage. But a funnel meant for filling flasks might be what you need.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
A syringe with a small tip will work - pour the AV from the plastic into a dixie cup or some other container, suck it up with the syringe, & then into the glass bottle.

One word of caution, there is 2x the amount liquid in the Aqua Velva Blue plastic bottles as there is in the glass bottle - so paying attention would be worth your effort.

BJC

Be aware, that Aqua Velva comes in two different size bottles 7oz, and 3.5 oz. Sounds like your glass bottle was the smaller size 3.5 oz, and the replacement was the full sized 7oz bottle.

If you have any caps from Thayer's witch hazel, they fit perfectly on AV plastic bottles and can really help when directing where you want the juice to go.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Monoject #412 Irrigating Syringe, $2

I use these for refilling fountain pen ink cartridges too.

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy a plastic condiment bottle.
Fill it up, insert the tip in the donor bottle and let 'er rip.
Very quick and you can do an entire bottle in one shot.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy a plastic condiment bottle.
Fill it up, insert the tip in the donor bottle and let 'er rip.
Very quick and you can do an entire bottle in one shot.

I like this answer best, but then I also like the plastic bottle in my travel kit.

I like this answer best, but then I also like the plastic bottle in my travel kit.

I was thinking about doing this once I get a glass bottle from another member. I have a spray bottle full of a mixture of AV+medicated Superhaze+witch hazel and aloe as my travel AS at the moment.

A syringe with a small tip will work - pour the AV from the plastic into a dixie cup or some other container, suck it up with the syringe, & then into the glass bottle.

:thumbup: +1 to this method. This is what I did to transer Old Spice to the ceramic container from the plastic. The syringe he is talking about I got from a pharmisist. Ask for the biggest one they have.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I have a syringe that I think will work, if it doesn't I also have a plastic condiment bottle I could try.

Clayton

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks for all the ideas guys. I have a syringe that I think will work, if it doesn't I also have a plastic condiment bottle I could try.

Clayton

Just make sure to washout the hot spicy mustard first... unless you like the sort of thing. :biggrin1:

Best thing I could find to use was one of those plastic bulbs that come with an earwax cleaning kit.

Stick the tip into the aftershave bottle, suck some up, stic it in the empty bottle and squeeze it in.

It worked perfectly.

Of course this is just what i could find in my house at the moment, i'm sure you could go out and buy something MUCH better.

And yes, the bulb was brand new when i did this.

Top Bottom