What's new

Aqua Velva Musk

Picked up a 3.5 oz bottle yesterday at the drug store. Love it possibly more than Ice Blue! Another after shave added to the collection. I'm really starting to stockpile, but I love 'em all!

I am a fan of the Ice Blue and the Musk. They are cheap, smell great, and available everywhere. What's not to love?

I'm not a fan of the AV Classic blue scent but I do like the AV Ice Sport. I'm a fan of the AV Musk as well. It goes on a bit sweet but it matures nicely. It's on my repeat buy list.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great face feel with it ... good to add to Pinaud Clubman Musk, which has little actual musk scent.

AA

One of these times I may try the American drugstore classics. Meanwhile, I've got several bottles of delightful Japanese drugstore product in rotation.

I'm an Aqua Velva fan
In Spain, Williams Expert Aqua Velva is available in Carrefour, Eroski and Mercadona supermarkets in 200ml (6.76 oz) glass bottles for €3,95
They also do a Williams Pure Sport, I assume it's the European version of Ice Sport, I'll get around to trying some one day
I like the stronger scent of the USA Ice Blue AV, when I'm going out at night I often use the Williams Aqua Velva after I've finished my afternoon shave, then use some Ice Blue as a cologne just before I set off
I love the AV Musk, I only use it very rarely, and I've got to be in the right mood to use it for a very good reason, it was in daily use for 6 days when I was in hospital last year for a hip replacement, a very close friend of mine who drove in with my Dad to visit me commented that she thought that the ward smelled nice just after I'd splashed on the AV Musk- now, sometimes I can use it, sometimes a whiff of it reminds me of the hospital ward and I save it for another day!!

Meanwhile, I've got several bottles of delightful Japanese drugstore product in rotation.

What Japanese shaving products do you recommend? My daughter has a friend currently in Tokyo for a year and there's an outside chance that I could get some shaving products if they shouldn't be missed.

I'm not a fan of the AV Classic blue scent but I do like the AV Ice Sport. I'm a fan of the AV Musk as well. It goes on a bit sweet but it matures nicely. It's on my repeat buy list.
+1, I've added a little menthol to my musk since I miss my AV kick.

You need to give the Musk about a half hour or so to judge it properly. One of those picky things that's better after a bit. Great stuff!

You need to give the Musk about a half hour or so to judge it properly. One of those picky things that's better after a bit. Great stuff!

Agreed. I almost hated AV Musk the first time I tried it. It sat in my shave den for quite some time. Then I gave it another shot and wow, I love it! Great (clean) musk scent.

Great face feel with it ... good to add to Pinaud Clubman Musk, which has little actual musk scent.
Oh, I'll have to politely disagree. I think Pinaud Musk is better than AV musk. For a truly super strong "musk" (with a tobacco scent) is Pinaud's "Special Reserve." That's like a strong Au Jus dipping sauce for your face!!!!!

Oh, I'll have to politely disagree. I think Pinaud Musk is better than AV musk. For a truly super strong "musk" (with a tobacco scent) is Pinaud's "Special Reserve." That's like a strong Au Jus dipping sauce for your face!!!!!

Makes sense. SR is another personal favorite. Will have to check out Clubman Musk (I honestly just need to buy the whole line :lol:)

I was lucky enough to score some AV Musk in the original glass bottle. It is in my rotation.

proxy.php

It is a very nice, classic scent. To my nose it has more of vanilla notes than musk. Lasts a pretty long time for a cheap after shave.

Top Bottom