What's new

Aqua Velva - Musk Discussion thread....

Hey Joel....
any products you could recommend that would play well with the AV musk ??
...Oh. I'm gettin me some.
The addict in me says I have to. :cool:

M

modern man

Trader Joe suggested I try it, I just found it and I am going to pick it up!

Nice Review Joel! This 5 dollar AV review is coming from a guy who spent over a grand on a French shave the other day. :biggrin:

Joel, we have it here in Montreal, too. I had it once, and it a nice a/shave. Even better than the original Aqua Velva. :wink:

Jeff

I just picked mine up mine from CVS today. $4 something a bottle. I can understand that the scent may not appeal to everyone, but it does to me and I LOVE it. To me it's slightly similar to Pinaud Special Reserve. Used it after my shave today, and it's the same high quality that you'd expect from Aqua Velva. Burns a bit! But very soothing otherwise, obviously no "cooling" effect as with the Classic. The scent lasts a short while, and it's strong enough to not use any cologne. Slightly old man-ish, but I never considered that a bad thing anyway and prefer those types of scents.

-Allen

Sadly, this product isn't available here in ol' Europe, which is a BIG shame since I like the AV original very much... :mad3: :mad:

Would any of our British members know if AV Musk is available in the UK? Maybe I can pick up a bottle next time I'm in London... :sneaky2:

OK, I just had to buy some AV. It's been years since I've used it. I'm actually suprised at how good it feels on you face and how smooth it leaves your face feeling. It's cheap, but it works.

==Tom

Sadly, this product isn't available here in ol' Europe, which is a BIG shame since I like the AV original very much... :mad3: :mad:

Would any of our British members know if AV Musk is available in the UK? Maybe I can pick up a bottle next time I'm in London... :sneaky2:

I feel unhappier every time this thread gets bumped up. It's so unfair... :angry:

I like the smell and how the A/S makes my face feel, but boy, the scent is very strong. As a face-splash it's almost overhwelming. I think going forward I'll be using it more as a cologne, as the scent has a pretty long hang-time, even on my hands after several washings.. I need to find a milder-smelling splash, because, as I said, I love how it feels on my face/neck area, but the scent seems to take on a life of its own! I don't remember the regular AV being so "present" back when I used to use it. This stuff cuts to the front, I recall the AV blue sort of just hanging out in the background..

-Mason

I like the Musk but I use the Classic Blue more regularly. Here's why:

• I Think the Classic Blue does a better job fighting bump/burn/rash due to the menthol. It might not be any more effective but it feels more effective due to the cooling.
  • In general I prefer it that aftershave scents not linger too long. I use the long lasting ones on occasion.
On days I am not worried about needing full strength bump/burn fighting and days I want the musk scent to hang around I happily reach for this product. It's an excellent value.

Frederik. Sorry to bump this thread on you again.:sad:

I like the smell, SWMBO however, does not.....but I guess she doesn't hate it as much as she hates my precious English Leather a/s & cologne:wink:

Frederik....is there any way for one of us USA or Canadian guys to ship you a bottle without being branded a terrorist or otherwise getting in trouble?:eek:sama:

I just discovered a Dutch vendor that carries AV Musk, :yesnod:, so I now have my source. Thanks for the concern, gents! (And pondering that Violetta, Dave - I'm not a big glycerin soap guy, maybe I should try once more...)

Top Bottom