What's new

Aqua Di Parma

Good Afternoon everyone!

I love cologne and have quite a few scents. I am interested in Aqua Di Parma.

It seems like they make quite a few scents. Where would I start and is there a way to try samples of it?

I graciously appreciate the help. I hope everyone had a wonderful and fabulous Thanksgiving!

I have sampled all of them, and I find the original to be the best in terms of actual scent. As an EDC, the performance isn't great though.

Good Afternoon everyone!

It seems like they make quite a few scents. Where would I start and is there a way to try samples of it?

I graciously appreciate the help. I hope everyone had a wonderful and fabulous Thanksgiving!

If you're in Montgomery, you can stop by the Woodlands Mall or Galleria. Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus give out samples if asked.

Good Afternoon everyone!

My favorite is Colonia Intensa. I was able to get samples at the Saks store and Bergdorf Goodman Men's store in Manhattan. Try some high end stores in your area.

My favorite is Colonia Essenza, but there are a lot of great ones from this house. The only store near me that carries them is Neiman Marcus. You can probably find samples or decants on the Bay.

AdP had big kiosk at the Rome airport when I was through there last year!
33euro for a 75ml tube of cream! Not shabby!
Missing was the aftershave lotion!

genoa 2019 L-1020118 s.jpg

genoa 2019 L-1020119 s.jpg

I prefer Colonia Intensa, with Colonia Essenza as an alternate. The original (I think) is Colonia, which is the source of the flanker's DNA. I have also enjoyed Colonia Club and Oud also. Colonia Assoluta did not give me reason to repurchase though, even though I did like it enough to work through a small bottle easily. The Oud EDP is verrrry intriguing...

Last edited:
Department stores are a great source for free samples. The only downside is that it’s slow to try one at a time. Colonia is great scent for summer.

I don't know if it's their company policy but in the large dept stores they are always very generous with samples (unlike Tom Ford and Creed). I've gotten good size samples from Saks and Bergdorf Goodman Men in NYC.
That being said my faves are Colonia Intensa and the newer Club. Both great warm weather scents.

I don't know if it's their company policy but in the large dept stores they are always very generous with samples (unlike Tom Ford and Creed). I've gotten good size samples from Saks and Bergdorf Goodman Men in NYC.
That being said my faves are Colonia Intensa and the newer Club. Both great warm weather scents.

its gotta be the stores, but TF and creed (and killians ) salesforce have hooked me up with great “samples”, ADP and others no such luck.

I just get em on eBay. It’s expensive, but worth it.

Actually, it’s not, since I just keep buying full size bottles after I try the sample. :lol1:

Seriously, though. There are 3 basic families in adp. The traditional stuff. The blue stuff. And the cold weather stuff.

I would start with one of each.

Colonia
Fico di amalfi
Leather.

Fwiw, “club” is kind of an oddball that defies classification into the other 3 categories. It’s kind of like polo sport. It smells kind of modern like something you spray on in the locker room. I like it. It’s actually cold too. Noticeable menthol.

Also, colonia(original), essenza, intenso, assoluto, pura. These are all similar. Like siblings. Same type of citrus neroli type scent.

Last edited:
There's a reason this has been around for 105 years. It's a classic, Italian scent. Terrific in the summer and I always get loads of compliments. Ageless.

I’ve always like aqua di Parma club “Green Bottle”. Gives the same vibe as creeds green Irish Tweed Which is one of my favorites.I’ve owned the Colonia before as well. it’s nice but it’s very old-school. Which is not a bad thing. It’s old Hollywood if you know what I mean.For more of a modern version I would suggest the Essenza Variant.

Top Bottom