What's new

APShaveCO Custom Brush With Premium G5C Synthetic 24mm Knot In Blue Lagoon Handle!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello everyone! A brush that I had ordered decided to come early from Canada, oh heck ya! 😁

APShaveCO Custom Brush With Premium G5C Synthetic 24mm Knot In Blue Lagoon Handle!

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

This is the first synthetic brush that I have ever bought. And because it was my first synthetic, I wanted to start this off right, by getting the highest quality knot that I could, from our very own APShaveCO vender on B&B. Andrew is really stellar guys, all I had to do was PM him, let him know what I wanted, and he custom made this brush for me, with the premium G5C knot. And from what I can tell so far, he has done a pretty darn good job!

This brush just came today, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet, I will tomorrow when I shave. Here's what I have noticed so far, from just brushing my fingers across the brush...

(1) Brush doesn't appear to have as much backbone, as my Maseto Avatar Silver Tipped Badger Brush, but it does have more backbone, then my garbage Pure Badger brush, so I will consider that an acceptable trade off.

(2) I haven't measured it, but the loft appears to be about 56mm, same as my Maseto.

(3) Brush hairs are unbelievably soft! 😍

(4) While handle is indeed small, it does feel good in the hand.

Overall, this brush is absolutely gorgeous, and looks much better in person! At first I was questioning my decision to go with a synthetic brush, after being spoiled with a silver tipped badger brush. But it appears that @APBinNCA was correct, as I believe I am about to begin spoiling myself some more with this new brush. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow and give you guys my review.

Thanks goes to @APBinNCA for recommending APShaveCo brushes, and specifically G5 knot premium class knots!

Thanks goes to @apshaveco for making my custom brush, you are amazing Andrew!
Nice brush! The G5C is one of my favorite synthetic knots. :)

Top Bottom