What's new

APSHAVE CO. Cashmere.

E55C3A9A-ED19-476C-ADDF-85E2A712D408.jpeg
I set a 24mm gelousy fan knot in a handle I have as a test run. I didn’t pay attention to the loft height or anything like that. Just siliconed the handle and threw it in. The knot has some serious gel tips and the tips hold a lot of water. It’s unbelievably soft. I think the current configuration of the handle that I have is drilled at 15mm and it’s pretty floppy. I like it but it could probably be set a little lower.

Lost about 3 hairs on the first shave so normal shedding for a first use. I’m probably going to order more for my other brush handles. I didn’t find the knot as dense as the Maggards SHD. Here’s a pic of the knot after the shave during the dry down.

I ordered one of the gelousy 28mm bulb knots that I am wanting for. I am glad to see you got yours and like it. It looks good but sorry its floppy. I will have to set mine deep enough to take the flop out. I do love gel tips though.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Holy cow, this Gealousy knot is amazing. Having never experienced gel tips on a badger brush before, I’m blown away by the feel of this thing. Really cool...unbelievably soft, yet good backbone (I don’t find mine floppy at all). I will tell you, though, if you’re trying to decide between the 24mm and 28mm....unless they sent me the wrong size by mistake, the 24mm that I got is a HUGE knot. If I were doing it over, I’d be tempted to go with the 22mm instead. I know some posters have talked about buying the Gealousy knot to set in their own handle, but I bought the full brush with the limited edition faux horn beehive handle, and I really like the handle as well as the knot. Just a fantastic brush so far.

Holy cow, this Gealousy knot is amazing. Having never experienced gel tips on a badger brush before, I’m blown away by the feel of this thing. Really cool...unbelievably soft, yet good backbone (I don’t find mine floppy at all). I will tell you, though, if you’re trying to decide between the 24mm and 28mm....unless they sent me the wrong size by mistake, the 24mm that I got is a HUGE knot. If I were doing it over, I’d be tempted to go with the 22mm instead. I know some posters have talked about buying the Gealousy knot to set in their own handle, but I bought the full brush with the limited edition faux horn beehive handle, and I really like the handle as well as the knot. Just a fantastic brush so far.

To put it in perspective, the Thater “Funf” butterscotch beehive 2 band fan on the LEFT is a 26mm, and the new APShave Gealousy SHD 2 band fan on the RIGHT is supposed to be 24mm.

Like I said, it’s a BIG knot......

2775C3E5-ECCE-4270-A6F7-3F6907AFC012.jpeg

I got my gelousy 28mm bulb and just put it in my craving shaving handle to see what height I want to glue it in at. I did two hand lathers and wow is it awesome and the gel is extreme. Will be using it in the morning.
20190913_231130.jpg
20190913_213432.jpg

Happy shaves
SMURF

Absolutely not as far as the softness of the knot but there is a little bit of smell to it. I will post my thoughts on it tomorrow after I put it on my face.
Happy shaves
SMURF
Sure please do
While I was thinking about it, since I'm not completely happy with SilkSmoke knot, the handle got sold out

@Splinter
Yes I have now used it 2 times and I love it. The tips feel gooey and wonderful but still has the presence behind it. I used it the first time at 57mm and the second at 54mm and decided I think right in the middle of that is where I am going to set it permanently. It has plenty of backbone but not as much as declaration b7. I would place the backbone somewhere between b7 and Brad Sears but closer to b7. It has the most gel but Brad Sears from 2018 is close. I do wish apshaveco would sale this in a 26mm knot. I am very happy I got it and will recommend it to anyone that likes gel tips and still good backbone and a very good price in my opinion. Hope this helps.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Neat! Thanks to those giving their feedback on the Gelousy. I was not aware of it, but it looks marvelous. I'm not planning on buying any brushes soon, but this may be one for the future. I do like my Cashmere, but find I prefer the real hair brushes more.

Top Bottom