What's new

April Photo of the Month

Theme:

-The saying in the Northern Hemisphere is "April showers bring May flowers." April brings change. It is the first full month of spring in the North and the first full month of autumn in the south.

For the April theme capture a photo that illustrates April where you are. Feel free to interpret this theme loosely. Yes, the Easter bunny is a good subject.

Rules:

- Entries should have been taken between Sept. 1/2020 and April19/2021.

- Post processing is allowed.

- When post processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.

Conditions:
- You must be the photographer.
- One entry per month.
- Contest runs until the 19th of the month.
- Voting goes from 20th to the 26th of the month.
- Person with the most votes picks an idea for May

Have fun, and show us your photos.

Jim

Spring.jpg

First flower of the year and the Easter Bunny.

Change from the bare branches to the catkins on the Trembling Aspen buds popping open. Taken on April 15. (ISO 400, 100mm, f/11, 1/640). Tweaked saturation, brilliance and shadows just a little. Today it is snowing. Spring time in Alberta!!
IMG_6957.jpeg

Time to vote for your favourite interpretation of this month's theme "April where you are".

Thank you to those who posted pictures. I enjoy seeing the different interpretations of a theme. They all open my eyes to new interpretations that I may try.

Photographer with most votes will select May theme.

Time to vote for your favourite interpretation of this month's theme "April where you are".

Thank you to those who posted pictures. I enjoy seeing the different interpretations of a theme. They all open my eyes to new interpretations that I may try.

Photographer with most votes will select May theme.

I'm too late for the contest, but I just put a few shots up in the photo of the day thread that sum up April in Indiana pretty well. They were taken just a couple hours ago.

Voting ended for April photo of the month.

The votes have ended in a tie between @Wogus and @Silky Glide

I will have to cast my vote to break the tie. It is a tough choice, but as I am surrounded today with cloudy skies and a few days of rain in the forecast, I need to go with the shot that brings the rays of brightness.

The winner for April is @Wogus for his photo "Ballet on the Beach". You get to select the theme for the May photo of the month.

Thank you to all for your submissions.

Voting ended for April photo of the month.

The votes have ended in a tie between @Wogus and @Silky Glide

I will have to cast my vote to break the tie. It is a tough choice, but as I am surrounded today with cloudy skies and a few days of rain in the forecast, I need to go with the shot that brings the rays of brightness.

The winner for April is @Wogus for his photo "Ballet on the Beach". You get to select the theme for the May photo of the month.

Thank you to all for your submissions.
I'm honored. I'd like to thank the academy, everyone who participated, everyone who voted (especially for me), Clarity (the dancer pictured), Molly (choreographer and all around assistant)... Oh, and my high school algebra teacher, Mr. Daniels, who said I'd never amount to anything in this world.

“The winner for April is @Wogus for his photo "Ballet on the Beach".”
Way to go Wogus! Nice job by everyone else. Looking forward to May challenge.

Top Bottom