What's new

April Fools Day Joke - 2023

picgifs-didnt-read-lol-502911.gif

Gents,
This message serves to announce that Badger and Blade has been sold by the ownership and a new owner will be stepping in soon to manage the site.
It is unlikely that any of the current Moderator Team will remain as Moderators once the shift is complete.
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for the support, and though not in our current capacity, we all currently plan to remain at B&B, though as regular members.
The new ownership has planned some changes, which may have some impact on the core forums that are supported here.
Some slimming of ancillary forums is likely. It has been passed to us that due to concerns regarding the current environment and feelings of the general populace that areas that support tobacco use, alcohol consumption or firearms as a hobby are not likely to remain.
We would expect a rather large increase in focus on physical fitness and outdoor type activities, and food and food preparation, though geared toward a more vegetarian friendly aspect.
There will be less focus on shaving in general, as it is believed by new ownership that so much attention to shaving puts those who do not, or cannot shave at a disadvantage. Thus focus on skin care is likely to make a larger part of the forum.
All current "badges" and "tags" that members have will temporarily be removed during revamp, and the membership will be able to select a replacement on a one for one basis from the line-up of new badges available, such as the UN Flag or a new solid White Flag.
It's been a great run so far, and I look forward to the opportunity of chatting with you gents about skin creams, veggie burgers and alcohol and fragrance free fragrances.
It was believed that today would be the best time frame to make everyone aware.
Please take note of and mark todays date on your calendar.
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Gents,
This message serves to announce that Badger and Blade has been sold by the ownership and a new owner will be stepping in soon to manage the site.
It is unlikely that any of the current Moderator Team will remain as Moderators once the shift is complete.
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for the support, and though not in our current capacity, we all currently plan to remain at B&B, though as regular members.
The new ownership has planned some changes, which may have some impact on the core forums that are supported here.
Some slimming of ancillary forums is likely. It has been passed to us that due to concerns regarding the current environment and feelings of the general populace that areas that support tobacco use, alcohol consumption or firearms as a hobby are not likely to remain.
We would expect a rather large increase in focus on physical fitness and outdoor type activities, and food and food preparation, though geared toward a more vegetarian friendly aspect.
There will be less focus on shaving in general, as it is believed by new ownership that so much attention to shaving puts those who do not, or cannot shave at a disadvantage. Thus focus on skin care is likely to make a larger part of the forum.
All current "badges" and "tags" that members have will temporarily be removed during revamp, and the membership will be able to select a replacement on a one for one basis from the line-up of new badges available, such as the UN Flag or a new solid White Flag.
It's been a great run so far, and I look forward to the opportunity of chatting with you gents about skin creams, veggie burgers and alcohol and fragrance free fragrances.
Phil this has been one of the worst days of my life. I love spending time here with my friends and as I started reading your note I’m thinking my day is only getting worse.

As I continued to read I clued in to the significance of todays date.
I just want to thank you for giving me a reason to smile today. 😊

Paul

Gents,
I want to compliment you on driving a hard bargain during the acquisition negotiations. Let me know again where to send the check for $9.99?🙂

Happy April Fools Day everyone!

P.S. Acquistion price was based on expected future value after all the above changes were made.

Top Bottom