What's new

April Acquisitions

A couple 8-5-8 Sun Grown Rosados
92599B27-DB3E-4411-8598-CF30FED27DD3.jpeg

I grabbed a Country Gentleman straight cob, a 5th Avenue straight cob and a pound of Bobs Chocolate Flake.

I can’t get enough of that Bobs Chocolate Flake. For me, it has so much of what I love in other blends. Some bowls I get smoking Latakia like Old Ironsides (one of my favorites), some bowls I get thick clouds of smoke and sweetness, some bowls I get cream flavors.

I’ve never had a Country Gentleman or 5th Avenue style cob so I’m excited for those too.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My son's pipe career has finally evolved to Savinellis. He is getting one of my more modest ones, a bit of a crossover between a lounge sitter and an outdoor pipe. It is a less-common unfiltered model, and will now be one of his rare unfiltered pipes (he's a very happy Grabow man, and I'm very glad he likes them, and especially their filters). Yeah, I'm always a Dad.

I have not replaced my rotation as much has I have in the past three years ... all for a good cause. Lots of new players keep changing my lineup (I'm not even smoking my beloved PA these days!!). I keep my better easy chair pipes in a cabinet rack, and the outdoor/travel ones in a large drawer below my pipe counter. With this Sav departing, my outdoor pipe drawer is now down a batter. And we are about into spring, when my outdoor pipes really start taking center stage.

So ... in a like-for-like deal, I picked up a similarly modest (non white dot) Vauen, perfect for my outdoor smoking jaunts:

Vauen Francesco 2.jpeg

In a hat tip to steveclarkus, my son and I are also going to split a pound of Duke Albert, which I found to be a very nice evening dessert blend for cheap. I also snuck in a tin of Bengal Slices ... just because. And of course, the obligatory few bags of pipe cleaners.

And that's my April buy.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My son's pipe career has finally evolved to Savinellis. He is getting one of my more modest ones, a bit of a crossover between a lounge sitter and an outdoor pipe. It is a less-common unfiltered model, and will now be one of his rare unfiltered pipes (he's a very happy Grabow man, and I'm very glad he likes them, and especially their filters). Yeah, I'm always a Dad.

I have not replaced my rotation as much has I have in the past three years ... all for a good cause. Lots of new players keep changing my lineup (I'm not even smoking my beloved PA these days!!). I keep my better easy chair pipes in a cabinet rack, and the outdoor/travel ones in a large drawer below my pipe counter. With this Sav departing, my outdoor pipe drawer is now down a batter. And we are about into spring, when my outdoor pipes really start taking center stage.

So ... in a like-for-like deal, I picked up a similarly modest (non white dot) Vauen, perfect for my outdoor smoking jaunts:

View attachment 1248436

In a hat tip to steveclarkus, my son and I are also going to split a pound of Duke Albert, which I found to be a very nice evening dessert blend for cheap. I also snuck in a tin of Bengal Slices ... just because. And of course, the obligatory few bags of pipe cleaners.

And that's my April buy.
Good on ya’. I’m still hanging out with the hound (Granger). Not so much the taste, but when I smoke it, I keep thinking caramel. Must be molasses casing. Might turn out to be my PA. SWR is my bedtime smoke tonight

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The vaping sub-forum is pretty much dead, but 100x10ml bottles of vape juice arrived here today. I figured it's still loosely relevant here.

IMG_20210409_133000.jpg

20 x Fruit medley flavour
20 x Burley tobacco flavour
20 x Mango and strawberry passion flavour
20 x Original tobacco flavour
20 x Raspberry ripple flavour

All 6mg, which is a big step down from the 11mg I've been vaping over recent years. I figure the pipe and snuff will give a better "lift" if I can lower my vaped nicotine dependence a little.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Way to go! And nice haul. How do you find the tobacco flavor?

The tobacco flavours usually don't really taste of tobacco, but they're close enough. I haven't tried any of these yet though. I normally get blueberry, tobacco nut, or maidens tobacco (supposedly virginia).

I get them in bulk because they're cheaper. I got the lot delivered for £75, which is 25% less than in the shops. Other brands go for £3+ per bottle. I've topped up orders with tobacco in the past, but really don't need any more of that, so went for the whole minimum order for free delivery with this.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
The above Vauen arrived today. I have to say, it is a really well made pipe for the price, with robust chamber walls and floor (but still light weight, meaning decent briar), good drilling, and perfectly finished. About as nice looking as their white dot models. If it smokes as good as it looks, I’ll be delighted.

So far, I have been routinely impressed with these Vauens. And the one filter of theirs I tried was actually pretty good.

I think this may be the very first new pipe I didn’t christen with a bowl of PA.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
The vaping sub-forum is pretty much dead, but 100x10ml bottles of vape juice arrived here today. I figured it's still loosely relevant here.

View attachment 1248798

20 x Fruit medley flavour
20 x Burley tobacco flavour
20 x Mango and strawberry passion flavour
20 x Original tobacco flavour
20 x Raspberry ripple flavour

All 6mg, which is a big step down from the 11mg I've been vaping over recent years. I figure the pipe and snuff will give a better "lift" if I can lower my vaped nicotine dependence a little.
I lowered my nic by “rolling my own” juice. Now, due to insurance problems, shops are no longer selling components. Eventually, I’ll just have to kick the nic and quit the vapes altogether.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I lowered my nic by “rolling my own” juice. Now, due to insurance problems, shops are no longer selling components. Eventually, I’ll just have to kick the nic and quit the vapes altogether.

I think you can still get ingredients to blend your own over here, but that all just seems like too much hassle for me. Once I've got through this lot, I'll try to move to 3mg, and hopefully knock it on the head.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Think these will be any good? The Greenbrier cans are sealed tight as a drum and swelling.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
The Holiday may have faded a little, but it and the Briggs are definitely worth smoking. The menthol ... as long as you don’t inhale the stuff. I pass on anything menthol. If you’ve ever seen the pictures of a menthol user ...

Top Bottom