What's new

April 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still In
SOTD #28
BBS

This may amount to my final shave of the month (doubtful) given the result.
Everything clicked this morning: Brush and Soap were just lovely, as was essentially having an empty house at my disposal. Calm and relaxing, why not break out the R41...

Brilliant choice, given yesterday's less than desirable (though planned) result. I love having options on hand...

• No Pre-Shave
  • Truefitt's Sandalwood Soap (SOTM)
  • Simpson's Special - Pure
  • Mühle R41
  • Nacet (4)
  • Thayer's Astringent
  • B&M Fougère Angelique Splash
  • No Post-Shave balm
AD49988F-EC14-4D10-BB5C-26DD7F0B46BA.jpeg

I caved…😔

I saw a Fatip Piccolo nickel on sale at my local shop. €14 for a Fatip all brass. And the nickel plating is better than for the Special Edition I also have so this new Fatip is going to be part of my travel kit.

I am in for GRUME May because this seriously has to be contained. I don’t smoke and I drink only occasionally, but that’s just an excuse to fill my cart. If needed I am going to sign up for quarterly GRUMEs or be in GRUME for the remainder of 2022.

Last edited:
I caved…😔

I saw a Fatip Piccolo nickel on sale at my local shop. €14 for a Fatip all brass. And the nickel plating is better than for the Special Edition I also have so this new Fatip is going to be part of my travel kit.

I am in for GRUME May because this seriously has to be contained. I don’t smoke and I drink only occasionally, but that’s just an excuse to fill my cart. If needed I am going to sign up for quarterly GRUMEs or be in GRUME for the remainder of 2022.
Good news: you weren't officially in, so you're not officially out. :surrender:

Take this as your warm-up for May. Now that you know what you're up against - yourself! - you can adjust the game plan.

Well this is a wrap, 5 month in a row and no purchase what so ever ... but this may first I will have to buy a thing or two

GRUME : 14/15 (every other day shaver here) missing 1 of the 15 shave due to a 3 day no shave ... next one Way 1st

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso blue
Brush : Maggard Cheapo synthetic
Cream : Proraso White Croap
Razor : Merkur 34 HD Chrome
Blade : Voshkod(3)

Nothing stellar, a bit of irritation ...

Now if only I could decide which razor to use next month, I am really tempted by a full month of slant razor shaving, the first and only time I used it (or maybe I used it twice) it was not a success at all.

Day 29, 96.7% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Loaded up a fresh Astra, so I'm comparing like with like, and used the open comb .68 Game Changer again. Got a good near-BBS this time, plus a comfortable neck shave. This razor doesn't force you to "ride the cap", but seems to do a better job if you keep it shallow.

I'm planning to use this a lot in May.

Top Bottom