What's new

April 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

20220427_184647-01.jpeg
Still in. We're almost there...😀
Happy shaves!

Completing a five-month run is awesome. Well done!
La Malice, congratulations on a long run of restraint!

Well Thank you,

It seems that if I had better planed my blade stash and aftershave supply, I could have gone longer and longer ... I still have enough cream to last until the end of the year ... oh well at least I have a real reason to do some shopping ... but ... I gotta made up my mind on what I will get

Still in and not looking to fail

GRUME : 13/15 (every other day shaver here)

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : Proraso blue
Brush : Maggard Cheapo synthetic
Cream : Proraso White Croap
Razor : Merkur 34 HD Chrome
Blade : Gillette Silver Blue (6)

Not sure if it was the 3day growth, one too many shave for the balde, the rushed shaved or being fed up with yet another faucet leak in this 50 yo house but the result at best passable with quite a bit of irritation for an hour or two after shaving

Day 27, 90% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Back to my current favourite, for a good BBS.

The Gamechanger .68 OC is my favourite Gamechanger plate. I get irritated if I use the .84 SB daily and .68 SB plate is a bit more work for me! I hope you enjoy your next trial!

Thanks, @Balin.

I wasn't sure if I'd get away with using the .84 SB seven days a week, but it seems to be OK so far.

I tried shimming the .68 SB to make a ~ ".78 SB", and found that was more efficient, and still very comfortable. That might be worth trying.

Still in, effortless.
Tuesday and Thursday evening shave.

Muhle Rytmo (R89)
Wizamet super irridium (1&2)
Muhle badger brush
Barrister and Mann Bay rum (SOTM)
Floid Vigoroso AS

Even double shimmed this is my most ineffective razor. The first razor I got since I egan this DE adventure.
4 full passes and lot of pickups needed to get an acceptable shave.

Still In
SOTD #27
CCS+

Nice thing about having an auto-pilot setup, is how quickly you can punch through a 2-pass shave when necessary. Having the MedPrep loaded was just a bonus.

I got called into the office this morning for an urgent planning session, so CCS was all I was shooting for.

• No Pre-Shave
  • Truefitt's Sandalwood Soap (SOTM)
  • Adam Grooming's Pure Badger
  • Mühle R89
  • Med Prep (3)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • B&M Leviathan
  • No Post-Shave balm

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in,

left the photo at home on another device, so no photo this time. Had a shave while the kid slept and the swmbo was out, settled on the thater and a ball end tech as my load out this time. Had a very relaxed shave, I forget sometimes how good of a shave the tech gives.

Top Bottom