What's new

April 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Hey lads...

I just put my name on the Wolfman waiting list. I didn’t actually buy anything, commit to actually buying anything or pay a cent deposit and the wait time is 7-8 months.

I would be shocked if this kicks me out of this GRUME but I should check.

I don’t want to be called a liar liar pants on fire in 8 months when I brag about my shiny new razor and one of you guys that is a good rememberer ask for documentation for GRUME auditing purposes.

My fate is in your hands. God help me...
Ask the missus if you're "still in."

Personally, I would say you are good as my understanding is you are out of a GRUME when you spend any money on a shave related purchase or service that month. You aren’t spending any money in April on it so I’d say you are good... for now... until the next shiny brush catches your eye 😜

BTW, congrats on deciding on getting the wolf, fancy. Have you already decided on what you want? If not, you have like 8 months for it to eat away at you haha. You’ve been personally keeping the Canadian razor industry alive the last few months
No more brushes for me for a long while.

I may not ultimately buy the Wolfman. Depends on the $$$ situation or what else is out there at the time when I get the call. If I get one it will be the WR2 likely with the SB/OC head.

Strangely, most of my razors are Canadian... Karve, Rockwell 6S, Game Changer, Like Grandpa (actually a Karve) and most of my old Gillettes.

M

mtcn77

20210417_084825.jpg

Look what I "didn't" get in the mail and almost didn't get it in time. They also delivered with a missing item.

The curse of 'GRUME' has hit me!

I have a question about that 365 thread. Can I shave 30 times a day each day for a week at the end of June and then not shave again till Christmas but still be in good standing in that thread? I mean, hypothetically, couldn't a guy do 90 shaves a week for a month and essentially have his 365 shaves finished? Is there a prize for finishing first?
It's not compulsory to shave every day, to stay in that thread. It's just a mild encouragement to be regular. I'm interested in achieving low-irritation shaves, so I liked being able to clock up 106 in a row so far...

Still in.

After getting a really close and irritation free shave yesterday, I decided to bring out my DE razor which was perfectly suitable for such condition.

BBS razor gave me BBS shave in 3 pass.
Shaver Heaven Oatmeal Stout Soap sample was given to me by the owner if Karve, and initially I didn't liked it's smell at all.

Given the performance of the soap was good.
I decided to use it as everything in today's setup was a mismatch, and yet everything worked wonderfully.

SShave was finished with a dab of Anherb ASC and chased with the Alcohol based ASL.
IMG_20210417_191635.jpg

Burundian Hawk

Injured Hawk 06-25-16 sml.jpg

Dear sirs, they got me! Unfortunately, the Burundian Hawk was caught in crossfire in a vile ambush! :001_07: I succumbed to... a beautiful horse brush with a beautiful handle that seems like a Chubby made of horse, but much prettier handle ("eat your heart out, Chubby!" prettier)and i also got the last 3 Mogno soaps they had and 1 Lea puck and it is probable i will grab one last thing from Amazon... After all, if a man can't trust the Italian ambassador to the forum about a portoguese soap, who can you trust! And because like the Americans say "go big or go home". Correct? Well, for a Burundian, this is very big!

But! The Igi-siga will be back in May's grume! With my new beautiful horse brush and my Yaqis who are in the customs right now and should arrive before May!

But this was my last purchase (famous last words, i know)! But it will! I will do May-December GRUME and then GRUYERE!

I say, stay strong, to the gentlemen that continue the good fight! I will continue to watch this thread, as i consider this my club anyway and the partecipants as fellow team members! Bayete!

I hold the Astra with pliers, and rinse the waxy stuff off with boiling water, before first use.

I think the wax stops the blade jiggling around in the wrapper during transit, and blunting itself.

This is something i hadn't thought of. I will certainly try! Thank you very much, dear sir! This might be the cure! I stopped buying ANY other blade that had glue, after i started having this problem with the Astras. It is most irritating! But i had already bought many Astras already...

Burundian Hawk

View attachment 1252872

Dear sirs, they got me! Unfortunately, the Burundian Hawk was caught in crossfire in a vile ambush! :001_07: I succumbed to... a beautiful horse brush with a beautiful handle that seems like a Chubby made of horse, but much prettier handle ("eat your heart out, Chubby!" prettier)and i also got the last 3 Mogno soaps they had and 1 Lea puck and it is probable i will grab one last thing from Amazon... After all, if a man can't trust the Italian ambassador to the forum about a portoguese soap, who can you trust! And because like the Americans say "go big or go home". Correct? Well, for a Burundian, this is very big!

But! The Igi-siga will be back in May's grume! With my new beautiful horse brush and my Yaqis who are in the customs right now and should arrive before May!

But this was my last purchase (famous last words, i know)! But it will! I will do May-December GRUME and then GRUYERE!

I say, stay strong, to the gentlemen that continue the good fight! I will continue to watch this thread, as i consider this my club anyway and the partecipants as fellow team members! Bayete!
Ambushed by a brush, it happens to us all at some point! See you next month.

Ambushed by a brush, it happens to us all at some point! See you next month.

It was a crossfire! Brush and a cheap alternative to Saponificio Varesino soap! I am a minimalist in soaps! So i was attacked from the left by the brush and from the right from the soaps! And the Lea puck barred my flightpath from the front! I had no escape route!

But this was my last brush! I have already too many! I will go for several GRUYERES from the next year!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Burundian Hawk

View attachment 1252872

It was a brush that did for me last month too. And continuing with the gangster theme.
53e8060bd47d3e4a841d61c2ec7f9d4a.jpg

Top Bottom