What's new

April 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Tonight’s shave
Pre-shave: Hot Face Wash
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: Shark SS (3)
Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera
Post Shave: Alum Block
Davidoff Cool Water AS splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

BBS shave tonight 😎😎😎
Forgot how good Haslinger soaps are

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (24)
  • WSP Formula T Tobacco
  • Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Dominica Bay Rum AS
Back to a favorite soap for a speedy two-pass shave. The blade is starting to show its age, leaving a few tiny bits of stubble here and there in the hard-to-get areas, but the shave was still comfortable and certainly good enough for work-from-home. I'll keep going with it.

Onward!

Still in, with the halfway point almost upon us.

I am a beginner again at straight razor shaving. At least I feel like a beginner again, because I am bleeding from three places on my face. The problem was that wonderfully successful XTG pass yesterday. Now some part of me insists that I must do that every time. Today didn't go quite so well as yesterday. Oh, the shave is impressively smooth, but the blood keeps anyone but me from being at all impressed.

I'm going to call it a work in progress.

Still in

Thursday April 15 SOTD (head)

Gillette Rocket HD
Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
RR Irish Countryside
Razorock XXX Fresco

IMG-2388.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Simpson really nailed it with the M7 synthetic IMO. Such a great brush.

The Classic synth on the other hand...
It is the perfect synthetic brush. The longer handle addresses most of the splaying issues men have with the Duke and Chubby. It always makes perfect lather, and quickly. With Williams in a mug it's even better than a big well broken in Italian boar.

It is the perfect synthetic brush. The longer handle addresses most of the splaying issues men have with the Duke and Chubby. It always makes perfect lather, and quickly. With Williams in a mug it's even better than a big well broken in Italian boar.
Hmmmm... I haven’t used my mug of Williams since last October. It has historically been my main May-Oct cottage soap.

I will have to dig it out for tomorrow to try with the M7.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Still in
IMG_20210415_233157.jpg

Tonight I threw a quick shave together at 11:30pm because I made a new years resolution to shave every day this year, a promise I have so far managed to keep. Just grabbed some gear that was close to hand. Haslinger Schafmilch is the soap of the day lathered with the Yaqi Timberwolf. The Ming-shi/Astra SS(14) combo is tonight's star.
The schafmilch is not one that I would use very often, but I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did, although unscented it.was quite slick and made for an enjoyable shave though I did find it a little drying and I had to rinse my face off. The Ming-shi was very good and left me a with a BBS even with the 14th use Astra SS, which doesn't appear to be letting up.

Top Bottom