What's new

APRIL 2020 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

This has been a tough week. Nevertheless, there were a few bright points for me. My birthday was yesterday and I ordered a soap and aftershave bundle that arrived a couple of days ago. I never tried Tallow+Steel and the idea of a Rainforest scent sounded very intriguing. I think I will break it in next week. I was also given a vintage razor from my mother-in-law. It belonged to my wife's grandfather. It is GEM "Push-Button" in very nice condition. The picture shows a water spot, but trust me the razor is very clean and I accidentally put the spot there after cleaning! I never used a "Push-Button" so it makes a nice addition, plus it includes family history. I told my son he could have his great-grandfather's razor and he likes the idea - he is a wet shaver too. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Steve

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6999.jpg

IMG_7001.jpg

Monday I received a little late B-Day present - A NOS 1973 Schick Grip Tennis handle L Type Injector. I'm not the biggest tennis fan, but really like the look of the handle and heard many say it feels good in the hands - plus I really dig Schick Injectors. The razor is very cool and will be put to use soon. A little fun during these trying times. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Steve
IMG_7013.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

IMG_7016.jpg

IMG_7017.jpg

Two soaps
  • Noble Otter Two Kings
  • Noble Otter Plunder
Brush
  • Declaration Grooming B8 ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCINO
And some aftershaves to make some sets
  • Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille AS
  • Noble Otter Hamani AS
  • Noble Otter Two Kings AS
  • Noble Otter Plunder AS
proxy.php

I wanted a soap with a Spring time scent for the warmer weather, and I wanted to try another cream as I'm loving the performance of Proraso Green in the tube.

The PdP is my hardest puck, triple milled, with a fresh, clean, green garden scent that is very light. I was surprised at how easily it lathered for me, using my Omega silvertip. Very slick, great cushion. Definitely recommended unless you prefer strong, lasting scents. This soap really moisturized my face, and I could feel it for hours after my shave, which was at night and only included a splash of Thayer's WH toner post-shave. You can really feel the shea butter working in this soap.

GFT Spanish Leather has a terrific scent, and scores well in both strength and performance. Scent profile includes musk and floral notes for an old-school saddle leather feel, not a modern motorcycle jacket leather. Definitely recommended. I'll be ordering the AS or cologne to match and carry on this terrific scent.
Haul 20 4 4.jpg
Haul 20 4 6.jpg

I have for some time been looking at modern versions of the 400, and finally succumbed and brought a modestly priced one :- RazoRock 400- Special Edition-Plissoft Black.

IMG_0689.jpg

After many, many months if not buying anything, I felt it was time to get some new stuff! I'm coming up in the 2 year mark of DE shaving. My first phase was nearly all vintage Gillettes and I totally skipped the Merkur 34c and the Edwin Jagger DE89. I decided to remedy this because I value comfort and quality, so I wanted to see why these two razors are so popular.

I also got a Merkur Progress for $40, which I felt was a great deal. I also got wanted a slant, but I decided to go with an unknown brand to see if I could get an affordable, hidden gem. Signature Shaving has some beautiful handles and heads, so I ordered their Slant with a great handle from Ebay. That razor ran me $28.

I've never been quite happy with my brushes, so I got *three* new Yaqis from West Coast Shaving that I've been salivating over because of their extreme beauty. I got the Moka synthetic and 2 band badger. I also got the Purple Haze, which is only available in tuxedo synthetic, it seems.

Hai Karate is my signature scent so I got 2 bottles of Lo-Haiku aftershave cologne from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements.

I also ordered some new blades to try: Derby extra, Premium and Usta, Chroma Diamant and Gillette Platinum. Derby's are known for not being especially sharp, but I need something to take the bite our of the Progress, maybe the most aggressive razor i own at this point.

After I get this stuff I will be posting a shave den clearing sale in BST. I've got lots of good stuff that I just don't want or use anymore. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_100332-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180502_100332-01.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 31iUpa4WlkL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    31iUpa4WlkL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l400 (21).jpg
    s-l400 (21).jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 11
  • $_57.png
    $_57.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 11
  • yaqi-r1738-s-purple-haze-mew-brown-synthetic-shaving-brush_800x1028.jpg
    yaqi-r1738-s-purple-haze-mew-brown-synthetic-shaving-brush_800x1028.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • merkur-34c-safety-razor.jpg
    merkur-34c-safety-razor.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200413_181143.jpg
    20200413_181143.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 13
  • used-merkur-progress-double-edge_1_4c77ce2a7d6fe13baa131d5b9bcd13ef.jpg
    used-merkur-progress-double-edge_1_4c77ce2a7d6fe13baa131d5b9bcd13ef.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 12
So it's been a while (like lost my B&B acct and/or login email a while). After years of restraint and using up most of the products in my shave den (I had a pretty hefty AD at one time), it was finally time to restock and try some new products
20200424_161530.jpg
20200424_203935.jpg

A box of new shave goods definitely puts a smile on my face.

Soviet Straight Razor "Yaht" LABOR factory in original box. Made in the USSR in 1967. These things usually go for around $30 plus $10-ish for shipping. I found this one for $18 shipped from Ukraine for $10. Not a bad break on a vintage Soviet razor in pretty much as close to pristine condition as it gets.
326FB4DC-17EC-486A-9DC6-4B5ECF01D438.jpeg

Received a package a couple of days ago with some new stuff from PAA. Something to look forward to during the lock down. I can't wait to break it in tomorrow starting my fourth week of using my straight razor daily.
Steve

IMG_7067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom