APRIL 2019 SCORES

Discussion in 'The Score' started by ronweston, Mar 31, 2019.

Yep. Spring is here ....

The sun is shinning more, the days are warmer, the hours longer and only a it of wind and rain so, let the hunt begin. Visit the familiar places and seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

1. This just arrived from Darwin!

IMG_20190403_220607.jpg IMG_20190403_220707.jpg :a50:

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These travel shave kits are like magnets to me. I love them. Here are my recent buys. All but one is Made in England, the other three come with English Gillette’s. I’m a newb, so don’t know what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. This may take awhile [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. I've had a couple of scores so far this month. My favorite score is an RFB, #44. Also just received a Rudy Vey 24mm Shavemac finest. I need to polish the RFB, that's not brassing in the pics. It's going to polish up & look like new!
    IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0741.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0738.jpg

5. best score i've had in a while, though it's definitely far from the cheapest. Found it on Local sales site, and the wife was nice enough to let me get it as an early graduation gift.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. That’s a really nice score @Ufgoodies! You’ve got a good wife, get her something nice since you got yours.

7. My Stirling Ozark Mountain and Arkadia EDT's arrived today along with a Timeless Razor Pineapple handle. I'll be using the Arkadia tonight along with the Timeless handle and my new Truefitt and Hill Apsley set.
    [​IMG]

8. REV579

REV579 Contributor

I went out looking and found a few things I wasn’t looking for. Single Edge Razors.
    19135AC1-A6E4-4AB0-8126-3709526E013B.jpeg 243D81D5-949C-485B-A5C7-FD46ADEE6301.jpeg

9. My first order of Murphy and McNeil showed up, Ouroboros. This smells fantastic, I opened the jar and my coworker from across the room commented on how great it smells. I can't wait to try it. I also ordered some more Thayers, this time the medicated version. Lastly, 3 tucks of Feather Pro blades arrived so I'm good for blades for a while.
    [​IMG]

10. Coming soon in the mail a very rare Gillette Red Tip 1950 made in England!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. @HarryAU570, that is beautiful! Congratulations sir!

12. Thank you. The English Gillette Red Tip cost me my two kidneys...... Ouch!

I've been hunting for nearly three years on the world wide web for the Red Tip made from England which is very rare and very hard to find.