What's new

April 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Dang, guess I'm out. Was just reordering some AS I was out of and a jar of Martin de Candre Rose decided to hitch a ride. Since it is not available I decided to jump on it! Sorry, it is the last soap I needed to complete my want list. It is now complete on soap and razors. On a Sabbatical for the next few years. (Per my Wombat... I mean Boss!. ..I mean better half, luv of my life!. I'm in for all future months.... and years....
20190417_130057.jpg
).

I’m still in. I’m digging through some soap samples, finishing them off. Learned they don’t hold their scent forever ( only had them for a year). The variety is helping me keep from looking at new soaps and scents.

Still in, well past the halfway point. :)

Mildly tempted by the Timeless Bronze and the Karve CB, but I have plenty of razors to master already. Also...I'm cheap.

...and I'm out! Made the mistake of borrowing my friend's Super Speed Flare and concluded there was no reason to continue with my 34C when superior shaves were only a few dollars away. Picked up a 1955 A4 flared tip "regular" and I couldn't be happier with the end results.

Boo to failing the GRUME, Yay to superior daily shaves!

...and I'm out! Made the mistake of borrowing my friend's Super Speed Flare and concluded there was no reason to continue with my 34C when superior shaves were only a few dollars away. Picked up a 1955 A4 flared tip "regular" and I couldn't be happier with the end results.

Boo to failing the GRUME, Yay to superior daily shaves!

And so it goes...

Here's the current tally:

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @BigJ
3) @RTM
4) Wtd1911 - out
5) @abj
6) @GaryTha
7) @02flhtci
8) @Sabin
9) DE_Archie - out
10) @cryhavoc
11) Fatboy - out
12) @Schnitzel52
13) @@ngel
14) mumB_L_E - out
15) Boar Fighter - out
16) @donttpanic

So that's 16 who started strong, and 11 still in. Keeping 69% gives us a D+. At least we're not failing! ;)

My absolute favorite! What a prize! Such beauty and grace! Had to be picked out especially for me! Where can I claim this unbelievable fortune???

Unfortunately, you'd have to go to a séance to claim your prize. Maybe she will bring her boyfriend Milton Berle. Don't forget to bring a medium CAF-POW to wake them up.

Strategically thinking ahead: next month GRUME starts in ten days. Or is it a tactical way of thinking?

Question on the rules:

If a person wants to complete a long string of GRUME's, how do they restock items they run out of without skipping a month?

I suggest making the purchase date for restocking due to need on the first of the month so it coincides with the annual sabbatical. I interjected "due to need," which may merit some discussion. It might even require another type of restraint thread.

Top Bottom