APRIL 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Italian barber showed up! Great prices,fast shipping

Attachments

• 9FDAF1EC-9886-49B1-A323-96F8BD8518D0.jpeg
    9FDAF1EC-9886-49B1-A323-96F8BD8518D0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Pelican shell strop from Nichiri Co. Looks like it has some sort of large staining on the top part of the strop. I got it for just under 40$ including shipping though and think its a nice collectors piece either way.
Capture.PNG
hjgkj.PNG

Wow that's amazing!!

How is the weight balance on it?
To me, it is more manageable. The balance is more like the short handle Progress but it weighs slightly more. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the original Variant is that it was a long handle and hard to maneuver.

To me, it is more manageable. The balance is more like the short handle Progress but it weighs slightly more. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the original Variant is that it was a long handle and hard to maneuver.

Fantastic!! Sounds very interesting!

Looks really awesome!

I'm trying hard not to acquire more stuff but I pulled the trigger on a Chubby 2 from one of the forums which just came today. Did a quick test palm-lather, whoa this thing is dense...

Today I received the new RazoRock Stainless Steel Game Changer with Radio Knob Handle and filled the cart with RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash for free shipping. It has been one of those AS that I have been meaning to pick up because I like the soap so much. The razor looks great and seems to be made to very tight & precise tolerances. A real quality product. They even threw in a small little leather holder for the razor which was a very nice touch. I'm excited to break it in this weekend and see how it shaves!
Steve

View attachment 879160
View attachment 879161
View attachment 879162 View attachment 879163
Congrats, Steve. I hope the Game Changer shaves well. I like the looks of the head.

Today was an amazing (Vintage) mail day, the 1st item that came in is a wonderful vintage bottle of AV (6oz) that is more than half full, the smell is close to the Spanish version but smells a tad bit sweeter, very happy with this purchase and it will fit in nicely with some of my other vintage items. The second item is one I have only seen 1 time before being able to make the purchase, AV shave talk and it is almost full. The talc has the same scent as the aftershave and the tin is in wonderful condition.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Nice purchases, Chris.

I'm trying hard not to acquire more stuff but I pulled the trigger on a Chubby 2 from one of the forums which just came today. Did a quick test palm-lather, whoa this thing is dense...
Congrats on the brush. To me a dense knot is great!

More of a hardware month:

1. Maseto 24mm two-band badger brush

2. An assortment of blades:
a. Gillette Stainless(red bordered packet) 100
b. Gillette Rubie Plus-5
c. Bolzano Super Inox- 5
d. Sharp Star Platinum-5
e. Silver Star Super Stainless- 5
f. Treet Dura Sharp- 10
g. Viking Sword Stainless- 10

Congrats, Steve. I hope the Game Changer shaves well. I like the looks of the head.
Thanks Ron. I waited for the weekend to try it out and give it some time but wound up having to take my son to work for 6am! My shave was rushed and I wound up over shaving with a bit more pressure then usual to speed thing up. The shave was ok, but produced 2 weepers with me being too aggressive with it. Obviously not my favorite shave, but it wasn't bad. Then working through the weekend, my hours were screwed up and I shaved late Sunday and again this morning with light growth. Tomorrow I should be back on track and have somewhat a more normal shave to relax and enjoy the razor. It would be unfair to judge the Game Changer under these circumstances, especially using poor technique, but my initial impressions are that it feels somewhat smooth, and even with positive blade exposure, it is a tad mild. The later may just be a bit deceptive because because it did get the job done fairly well in 3 passes. Nevertheless, I want to shave with it more under normal circumstances before drawing any conclusions.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom