What's new

Apple Cider Vinegar

Reading that taking 2 tbsp of this stuff can work wonders for blood sugar levels,skin and hair health as well as digestive health - has to be the organic unfiltered kind. Any fellow B&B'rs use this?

My dad use to drink some every morning hearing that it was very healthful, that is until my mom told him he stunk. Apparently it really permeated through his skin when drank regularly.

I guess this was a common remedy back in the day. I say go for it. Everyone's metabolism is different and you may not have the negative effect.

It is also used as a method of keeping pests off horses during the summer. Perhaps you would receive the same benefit :001_rolle

I use Braggs to cook with mostly, but I also occasionally put a few teaspoonfulls in a glass of fruit juice. Works best with apple cider of course but it's refreshing in other juices as well. I've heard about the supposed health benefits but I have no idea if they are scientifically proven. The main benefit of Braggs, IMHO, is that it is organic, and that is enough for me.:thumbup:
-Fritz

I use it for rinsing my hair now and then. It is not good to use it very often. It also good to use on your shaving brush.

I bought a bottle of the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar one time and periodically drank it, diluted in water.

So what was the result? Did it help you? The reason for my asking is that I have thought about trying it too.

Reading that taking 2 tbsp of this stuff can work wonders for blood sugar levels,skin and hair health as well as digestive health - has to be the organic unfiltered kind. Any fellow B&B'rs use this?
I do!!

And it will keep you healthy with regular use or you can wait to take it until you feel something coming on. then start hitting it morning and night. I absolutely swear by Bragg's raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider!

-Greg

I drink it more or less everyday and rinse with it occasionally. I found that as a hair rinse it reduced dandruff and seemed to make my hair softer. It does leave a vinegar smell on the scalp for a few days though.

As a drink (2 tbs in water), after a meal it seems to aid in digestion tremendously. Not to be crude, but it makes defecation go much more smoothly and cleanly.

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp. raw honey mixed in a cup of hot water used as a gargle then swallow at the onset of sore throat or cold symptoms. Granny's remedy, very soothing.

We tip a couple fo gallons of it around the base of apple trees at wassail ceremonies! Better use the cider that's turned than the good quality drinking rough stuff which weighs in around 10% alcohol.

Never seems to do the trees any harm!

Gareth

It will wake you up and revive you if you drink it straight, however, I would not depend on it as a treatment for anything.

There was a popular Vt. doctor (of past years) that recommended ACV. However, from what I understand, it was based on it's potassium content and it turned out that vinegar does not in fact have that much K.

But if it's a "tonic" that suits you, why not?

even better, mix in some mustard and some red pepper flakes in there and squirt it on some smoked swine! that is sure to bring joy into your life at least...

I take 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Braggs to remedy the occassional heartburn.

+1 on this. I just take a shot of the stuff, 1oz., if I feel the start of any digestive problems. I've been doing this for years and to date I've had no problems at all with heartburn or indigestion. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom