What's new

Apple Cider Vinegar Tea?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I take a shot of apple cider vinegar almost every morning. Sometimes I forget. It has really helped me in preventing bladder stones from coming back. Have not had a bout in years.
I am NOT recommending this. Consult your physician. Just because I think something works doesn't mean it won't kill YOU.
I drink it before bed every night Be sure to drink it in a glass of water because if will erode the enamel on your teeth. Very healthy stuff. When I was a little kid, my grandmother would make me a "vinegar fizz" which was water, sugar, ACV and baking soda". It was a real treat for me. She was one of those ladies that would pick stuff the yard and make medicines from it. She might have been a witch or something, but a kind one.

That throat burn sure is something if you add a little too much.😅 I like it as well. I used to drink ACV water both as a sort of tea or cold with a straw (because I didn't want my dentist to get mad at me). These days, I usually take capsules.

For what it's worth: I lost 58 pounds with ACV (BMI went from 30, which is obese, to a healthy 21) although any type of vinegar will do. It made a noticeable difference in the speed of weight loss and in keeping my blood sugar stable, which is probably why vinegar has been extensively researched to see if and how diabetics could benefit from it. I'm not a diabetic, but stable blood sugar is the only way to stick to a diet, for me. People are always trying to sell one method or another, telling you it's 'so easy', but I've yet to find a diet that isn't hard. So for me, losing weight is all about appetite management and one of the simpler ways to keep the predictable hunger pangs at bay is by keeping blood sugar stable. Vinegar was my silver bullet and I hope it could help others as well. (Disclaimer: this is my personal experience, N=1. ACV wasn't the only thing I used; I also ate healthy food, moderate portions, absolutely no high glycemic foods or transfats, took brisk daily walks, etc, but results weren't as good without ACV. With the help of ACV every day, I've also managed to maintain a healthy weight for over 3 years now. Opinions tend to be strong when it comes to food and weight loss though, so when in doubt, just ask your doctor.)

I've never tried ACV with honey, but I would imagine it's a nice complementary taste for the recreational drinker.

Top Bottom