What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

Thanks for the comment Vivasanti.

Soap is wonderful and I like dealing with Fineshave so no worries there and for the quality of the soap I think it's worth putting in and order.

Did someone mention a bulk/group order for Mike’s Natural Soaps at one time ... something about having to order a whole box to make the postage reasonable ?????

Ooooooooooooops double post ... must be a bit drunk!

Seriously anyone in for a group buy of Mikes if it's worth the money and effort?

Sorry guys it was duanek talking about Stirling Soaps :( So maybe a Stirling group buy?

"Maybe the Stirling ones - I've emailed the guy who makes them but shipping was only going to work out ok if I bought a whole box over "
- duanek

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Happy to take on a soap if people want to do it that way. Tell me Mike, what is the tin of soap you added. Not tried it yet but I like the faint scent.

What do you think Martin de Candre would cost for a 200g jar landed in NZ ? about $80 or so ?

Lets see if there is any interest and go from there

Thanks David :)

Guys, I have asked a Moderator what we need to do and will post the answer as soon as it arrives.

:)

From the Moderator "After you have gathered all the required info, contact one of the mods before starting any threads, as any group buy needs to be approved beforehand."

So expressions of interest then and only then will a dedicated thread be started

Last edited:
I recently got some Stirling soaps, Bay Rum and Barbershop, got it shipped to you shop and sent on to me shipping was 20 in the end, I'd be keen to get a few more if it goes down.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't know how large you guys are looking at ordering but just beware that if the purchace price is $400NZD including shipping at time it arrives at NZ there will be extra costs at the boarder.
I have been stung once with a item that was $420, it cost me a extra $120 before they would release the pack. There was two customs fees, GST and the courier company also added another delivery fee.:001_huh:

Check out NZ Customs site for more details.

alishock

Just got done by customs myself. Serves me right for not supporting local business!!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Just got done by customs myself. Serves me right for not supporting local business!!
If any local business had a Jnat they may have got my business. Sometimes what we can get locally just leaves you short and disappointed.
The added fee of importing becomes of little concern when you weigh all things up.
If I was to do it again I would still buy the Jnat.

The way I see it is as long as you know about the fees going into it, then all is good.

As an alternative idea does anyone know of a great New Zealand made soap? Then we could support one of our own :)

I tried the one from Nelson - Global Soap. I was not impressed. I have written to Global to ask them if there is a trick to getting the stuff to lather well, will advise if they reply.

Seen a few advertised on trademe but never tried any.

We do have a local soap maker who makes wonderful bath soaps so maybe I could ask her about shave soaps, ya never know what might come of asking. Will do that on Sunday and report back.

Last edited:
My wife has a friend in Wellington who was developing a shaving soap. I will have to get her to find out how its going, will report back... The Triumph and Disaster shaving cream is good, they advertise 100 shaves in a 100ml jar but don't think they have thought of the 3 passes us wet shavers do.

alishock

I was going to have a run with the triumph in the box tomorrow. It's quite pricey to buy isn't it.

I found it lathered well, I didn't need to add more than a drop or two of water to a moist brush otherwise it turned to foam instead of lather. For the price you can get a soap that will give you many more shaves. I do like the smell and its now made in NZ not Aussie too :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The price of Triumph and Disaster is at a point I would not buy any of their product. It appears to me he has aimed himself at the top end of the market with packaging and price but the product itself is lacking. Guess the name is fitting.

Top Bottom