What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Considering how long this box is in circulation, I would be curious to see what's in it. Any chances of seeing a few pictures?

Box has arrived and it's looking very healthy.
IMG_20240226_130719.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_130747.jpg
    IMG_20240226_130747.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240226_130756.jpg
    IMG_20240226_130756.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 9
Going through this thread, I found a few posts about Triumph and Disaster old fashioned shaving cream/soap, and I had a quiet chuckle. I really love to support Kiwi businesses where I can, so I got a tin from Air NZ airpoints, along with a small bottle of their roll on deodorant. Here's my take...

The shaving cream is such a disappointment. Opening the tin greets you with a hard to describe scent, with strong citrus notes and a bit of an astringent (for lack of a better word) or even a slight disinfectant smell. I can only put it down to the tea tree component. It isn't unpleasant, but it isn't a comfortable and familiar smell either - it just smells uniquely like T&D shaving soap.

Once on the brush, it is quick enough to lather up, but the bubbles don't last. As soon as you brush it on, it starts to break down and by the time I have lathered my cheeks, my neck needs a fresh coating. In comparison, a similar swish around my Proraso red gives me more foam than i know what to do with, and it either has to be scraped off my face or rinsed off. It certainly doesn't disappear of its own accord.

In summary, the T&D shaves just barely okay, and i think that is really down to my super mild Gillette Tech razor. Thank goodness I didn't pay actual money for it!

Any recommendations for a great smelling and performing Kiwi shave cream or some would be gladly received. I'll *** to the challenge by saying that I'm not too fussy, but lavender and rose are not in my top 10 fragrances list.

Top Bottom