What's new

AOS Soaps

The AOS creams get a reasonable amount of coverage on the boards, yet I have never seen anyone mention their soaps. Does anybody have any experience with these? If so, what are they like?

AJS said:
The AOS creams get a reasonable amount of coverage on the boards, yet I have never seen anyone mention their soaps. Does anybody have any experience with these? If so, what are they like?

I use the AOS Sandalwood Soap, and find it easy to lather. Thick, rich, creamy. Great smell.

TraderJoe said:
I use the AOS Sandalwood Soap, and find it easy to lather. Thick, rich, creamy. Great smell.

Thanks for the reply. How would you compare AOS soaps to AOS creams? I have been meaning to pick up some AOS Lavender cream for a while now, but I've enjoyed the Mama Bear and the CADE soaps so much, that I think shaving creams will be taking a back seat in my rotation from now on.

I have tried only the AOS Unscented cream (which came as sample) and it lathered well too. I have heard many good things about AOS Lavender cream, more recently some comments by Scotto, but I have yet to buy and use them on a regular basis.

The other AOS products I do have are the Sandalwood balm and Sandalwood e.o. EDT. I enjoy both of these well, and they work great for me.

Hi Alex. Glad you're getting great results with the AOS cream. I have seen way too much nonsense floating around the web about AOS's supposed deficiencies as a top shelf shave cream. Bollocks to that.

Sorry I can't add to the commentary about the hard soaps. I have not tried them yet. The only valid criticism against AOS hard soaps is that they are very expensive. Especially on your side of the pond. However, as I soon discovered with Castle Forbes cream, "expensive" is relative. CF cream may be $35 a bowl but at 1/4 tsp. usage rate for me, you can see that a bowl will give hundreds of shaves. Actually pretty cheap per se. If the AOS soap is as good as I've seen mentioned, then it's probably going to last longer than you'd actually like so you can move on to another fragrance! Hard soaps do last a long time. So the cost factor is mitigated a bit. I think an AOS hard soap is in my future. I've seen nothing but grand reviews of the sandalwood and lavender soaps.

Regards, Todd

AOS hard soaps are phenomenal... the sandalwood is as pure a sandalwood scent as I have smelled.

The AOS lavender cream is equally good. Very nice lather, and the smell is amazing. It smells exactly like Castle Forbes lavender. The EO really comes through. It's intoxicating stuff.

Drew

Top Bottom