What's new

AoS Sandalwood

So, I just purchased the art of shaving sandalwood full size set. This includes oil, cream, brush, and balm. Talk about an impulse buy. Anyway, I'm currently using MWF soap, and have tried proraso cream (not my favorite). Do you think this impulse buy was a good one, or should I be looking for something else. Just want to make sure before I open a $100 box and put it on the side to stay...

p.s. I have a simpson pure badger, so the brush from the set was just for kicks.

Can't speak to the brush or balm, but the AOS Sandalwood Cream is easily one of the best creams I have used. You'll love it if you are in to the scent of Sandalwood, and the lather is truly amazing.

You made a good choice. It's great stuff. If you find you dont like the oil or balm, put it up on the BST and trade for something of equal value. Thats what I always do.

The brush I would use when traveling or give it away as a gift to a newbie.

Can't speak to the brush or balm, but the AOS Sandalwood Cream is easily one of the best creams I have used. You'll love it if you are in to the scent of Sandalwood, and the lather is truly amazing.
+1

I'm primarily a soap guy but this is one of the few creams I use with any regularity.

I haven't tried the cream, but I'm absolutely in love with the AoS Sandalwood soap. The balm is quite nice, too. Used in moderation, it's not overly greasy and just moisturizing enough to take the edge off a less-than-perfect shave.

The Brush is okay, but you will get years of service out of it. You will lose a few hairs but don't worry. However the cream is amazing. You only need a pea size to get a great lather. The ASB is also very good, but you might enjoy it more in the winter. As far as the oil if you are new to wetshaving you will find that it's a great help and it smells great. As you get better in your prep you will will not need a pre-shave oil. However from time to time I when I need the special shave i will use it. AOS get a rap here because their razors are priced insane. However most will tell you that their creams, ASB and soaps are some of the best out there. Their sandalwood soap in my #1 soap, about 10 differrent soaps are tied for second. So open it up and enjoy.

Thanks for the tips guys! This made me feel much better about my purchase. Gotta go back to some mug lather for a bit. This should be fun to put into rotation!

I stopped by our area Art of Shaving store, and took a whiff of all the soaps.
Sadly, they didn't offer samples despite my urging.

Of all of them, I found the Sandalwood had a very faint scent.
Does it get stronger when whipped?

I'm usually a Sandalwood fan, but it wasn't strong enough for my tastes.

I think their Sandalwood is amazing and it does have a nice scent when lathered, however none of the AOS soaps are overpowering, I think that's a good, In fact those my lemon shaves great I don't really get the lemon scent.

I think the creams are incredibly strong smelling, in a good way. The soaps' scent is very understated and have that tallow smell. The soaps are very different from the creams.

+1 -- I can't really smell it much either.

Actually I'm going tomorrow to buy the AOS full size set of the Sandalwood. I have all the other scents so I'd figure I would complete it. Also, I tried the sandalwood cream in a trial set and it was to die for, along with the ASB. The smell is so sweet and sophisticated and lasts and lasts. You made a good decision, just enjoy it. :thumbup1:

Mouscacha, how do you like the aos sandalwood cream? I used it this morning and it's wonderful. It reminded me of how much I love this stuff. It smells so good that one could almost be tempted to eat it! Mmmmmmm

I got the AoS Sandalwood full kit and don't regret it at all. Don't use the oil much, but I got a good 4 or 5 months out of the tub of cream and the ASB is still going strong as my primary AS.

For anyone interested in it, sometimes AoS gives out free coupons for the smaller travel kit. Inside that kit is a $25 dollar off coupon for the large kit so you can score it for $75 instead of $100, which is what I did.

I dont dig the AOS sandalwood at all, too powdery for me. I do like the lemon, the lavender was too herbal but good still.

Top Bottom