What's new

AoS Lavender

I've been using this soap in rotation for about six months. Last night I followed my standard - bloom the soap while showering, load the Silvertip and go.
AoS is a hard soap. I absentmindedly forgot to fill the sink, so while I did that, I gave it about an extra minute of work before I started to lather in the scuttle, and it went from the normal "good" to an astounding "great!".
What a wonderful shave I had. It was slick and provided an effortless shave. As usual, it has a wonderful Lavender aroma (not soapy). Great shave. I'm going to use it again tonight. A little extra work on the puck yielded excellent results.

BTW... as an afterthought, I never got a bad lather, and load the brush the same way I do with MWF. I always felt the MWF had the edge on a richness and slickness of the lather. MWF has a reputation of needing to be dialed in, but I'm finding the AoS needs a bit more work, but the extra minute is more than worth the effort.

The old formula (Valobra) is my favourite soap and the new formula is still very good, it just takes a bit of a different technique -- I find a puck lathering very effective for it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive but it's about as good as PdP and that's high praise.

Top Bottom