What's new

AoS Eucalyptus!

OK... so SWMBO is at the Roosevelt Field Mall on Long Island and drops into the AoS store. (She also DE shaves, with a brush and cream).
She comes home with a surprise... AoS Eucalyptus Shave Cream. "But there is no such thing", I protest. She produces the package, and I head for the bathroom with booty in hand. (BTW... not even on the AoS website yet)

Lathers well in my warm scuttle. I feel like it is not as "fluffy" as the Lavender or Ocean Kelp, but I reserve judgment until I've done several lathers.

The feel is luxurious, and the AROMA is exquisite. It is much earthier than other Eucalyptus creams I've tried.

The shave was great. It is both slick and cushions well. The blade glides along effortlessly. The lather lasts through the 4 pass shave I normally do. Lathers can tend to lose some moisture in the scuttle, but I did not notice this affect with the AoS Eucalyptus. I will swear the lather is a bit denser, though I used as much water as I would use with the other AoS creams.

Conclusion: This was a treat. The aroma is pleasant and persists through the shave, the mix was easy, and the lather was right there with other AoS creams... and I hesitate to say... maybe just a hair more dense. This one is definitely a buy! I will be using it for the rest of the week to see if first impressions change.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be around there tomorrow, maybe I'll check it out. They were nice last time and gave me a sample of lavendar in a container I brought.

Lots of us from Long Island huh?

Yep. Can't go anywhere without the LI crowd popping up. I see some from our neck on the forums.
I like that AOS location, was tempted to get a SR there, but they're too overpriced. That place started my descent into wet shaving.

OK... so SWMBO is at the Roosevelt Field Mall on Long Island and drops into the AoS store. (She also DE shaves, with a brush and cream).
She comes home with a surprise... AoS Eucalyptus Shave Cream. "But there is no such thing", I protest. She produces the package, and I head for the bathroom with booty in hand. (BTW... not even on the AoS website yet)

Lathers well in my warm scuttle. I feel like it is not as "fluffy" as the Lavender or Ocean Kelp, but I reserve judgment until I've done several lathers.

The feel is luxurious, and the AROMA is exquisite. It is much earthier than other Eucalyptus creams I've tried.

The shave was great. It is both slick and cushions well. The blade glides along effortlessly. The lather lasts through the 4 pass shave I normally do. Lathers can tend to lose some moisture in the scuttle, but I did not notice this affect with the AoS Eucalyptus. I will swear the lather is a bit denser, though I used as much water as I would use with the other AoS creams.

Conclusion: This was a treat. The aroma is pleasant and persists through the shave, the mix was easy, and the lather was right there with other AoS creams... and I hesitate to say... maybe just a hair more dense. This one is definitely a buy! I will be using it for the rest of the week to see if first impressions change.
Is the scent strong? Any cooling effect?

Great review!

Is the scent strong? Any cooling effect?

Yes and Yes. It is stronger nose to jar than it is when mixed, but still the aroma is present throughout the shave. Other Eucalyptus creams smell as much of soap as they do Eucalyptus. AoS has enough essential oils that the Eucalyptus aroma predominates.
Yes, there is a cooling effect. Odd when using a hot scuttle... your skin claims it feels a cool, while at the same time enjoying the warm.

Yes and Yes. It is stronger nose to jar than it is when mixed, but still the aroma is present throughout the shave. Other Eucalyptus creams smell as much of soap as they do Eucalyptus. AoS has enough essential oils that the Eucalyptus aroma predominates.
Yes, there is a cooling effect. Odd when using a hot scuttle... your skin claims it feels a cool, while at the same time enjoying the warm.
Thanks!

Took a trip in today. Scent in jar gives a good eucalyptus. I did a test lather and the scent was less, but did linger well enough on the test hand. Lathered well as I would expect, my other AOS cream, lemon, does lather well. Cream density in jar is a bit more than my lemon, but less than a lavender sample they gave me a few weeks ago. Can't speak to performance, I avoided the siren call of a purchase. FYI, it's $27.00 for the tub and was told it's more a limited release like the peppermint.

Quick update:
After three 4 pass shaves, I have to comments:
The cooling sensation is not really apparent the first pass. Subsequent passes yield a light sensation.

The lather is to die for. It is slick and has excellent cushion. It is also easy to lather and my first impression, "not as fluffy" as other AoS lathers seems to hold true. It yields and excellent irritation free shave.

The aroma in a hot scuttle is magical. I am not a huge fan of Eucalyptus scents, but perhaps because there is no soapy smell it really has a fresh healthy aroma.

It is moisturizing. After my last pass, I slathered on another coat and left it while I washed up the gear. After a nice cool water rinse, the post shave feel is excellent.

All AoS creams and soaps are a bit pricey, but this is one for the shave den. You Proraso green gents can use it once a week as a real treat!

Top Bottom