What's new

Anything Special About No Date Code Super Speeds

Other than the Ranger, which a member was kind enough to educate me on (I have a 46 missing its end caps). Is there anything as a collector that should interest me about these as I divest myself of duplicates? I happen to have 3 of these.

Other than the Ranger, which a member was kind enough to educate me on (I have a 46 missing its end caps).

Are you sure it's not just a '41 Ranger Tech that you have? They were made without end caps.

Is there anything as a collector that should interest me about these as I divest myself of duplicates? I happen to have 3 of these.

There were minor variations during the NDC era that would allow you to date them more specifically, but unless a particular year is of interest to you or you wanted to actually collect every variation there's not a lot of "collector's value" to that. Other than that they'd pretty much be duplicates.

I have a couple in nickel and a Milord that I picked up for $5 or $6 each. They seem to be fairly plentiful so I think the main value of them is that they're good shavers. Probably not a real collector's item unless it's mint.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
You might want to try to find the first year which doesn't have the notched center bar. Some folks like those better -- although they shave about the same in my opinion.

Thanks all. Yes my ranger is a 46. You can see the solder marks and it has U.S.A rather than USA

If this is the one you posted a photo of last month then I believe also there was no text stamped in the smooth band on the handle.
I looked for that post but did not find it just now.
Shame about the end cap, but that is easily correctable.

Yes, it's that same one. I bought a solder iron today to attempt the fix by scavenging a random superspeed. It looks like all end caps are the same regardless of date, is that correct?

If you decide to savage the end caps from a junker to fix up yours it seems like they were glued on, would recommend gluing them back on in any case to reduce any risk of messing up the plating from excessive heat. Had a cap fall off of a user grade, sat it down with the intention of reattaching it and now I cannot find the sucker...

Top Bottom