What's new

Anything Similar to The Moos?

Apparently, I must have acquired my first bottle of Irisch Moos at a deeply discounted price. I have been looking to purchase a back-up bottle, but can not justify the current asking prices.
Is there an aftershave splash with a similar scent and comparable staying power to Irisch Moos available in the US at a more reasonable price?
~thanks

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's odd, I recently got one (Smallflower) and it was $19.95. Just checked and within just a few months the vendor upped it to $29.95, I wonder what's going on.

I was under the impression that they have stopped making the splash now too. Maybe someone more in the know can verify that rumor.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Aqua Velva Original Sport is a similar scent. Not a perfect match however. The green AV. Seldom available in the US but everywhere in Canada.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Aqua Velva Original Sport is a similar scent. Not a perfect match however. The green AV. Seldom available in the US but everywhere in Canada.
Not even close in my opinion. Yes, the Canada green.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Interesting. I have the Canadian green AV Sport.

How does German Pitrolon compare? It's quite green and piny, but less soapy than AV Sport.

AA

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Not even close in my opinion. Yes, the Canada green.
I pick up a resemblance between the two- I guess they're both fougeres- butas I said, it's not a perfect match. They are different, I just think they're in the same family of scents. Later this afternoon I remembered that I used to think that Sung Homme EDT was a closer match to Irisch Moos, but I haven't used it in years.

Top Bottom