What's new

Anyone what to team up with me in BBQ competition?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
New Braunfels, Texas county fair puts on a very good bbq cookoff. Brisket, ribs, etc. I need a few good men/women to join me for a fun time and beat my brother.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm in...for next year. I'm going to start drawing retirement at the first of the year.

Who's smoker are we using.

Well, give me more details on the New Braunfels cook-off this year, like when. I may be able to pull it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Whoa...that's only a month away. Not much time to do practice cooks. Sept. 1st is right around the corner.

And I'd have to find a place to stay; haven't even started looking good for small travel trailer. Might have to think about next year's cook-offs.

I may have to start looking at property values in Uvalde (need to check on Aunt Joy) and the Hondo area. I wonder if they still have that sign in Hondo that says "This is God's country. Please don't drive like hell through it." Hondo is a bit closer to San Antone.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have many friends who enjoy those cookoffs, many of whom have done very well for themselves. However, I learned long ago that it's not my thing. Folks can get downright ugly.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have many friends who enjoy those cookoffs, many of whom have done very well for themselves. However, I learned long ago that it's not my thing. Folks can get downright ugly.
My brother can get bossy and rude. I ignore him.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We could all just meet at your place. We don’t need to taste anyone else’s brisket. I’ll bring a trophy with your name on it. :)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
My brother can get bossy and rude. I ignore him.

LOL. I was talking about other teams (at least, I think so). Some of the folks out there are some of the nicest folks you'll ever want to meet. Others . . . well . . . some others have agendas that don't include being very neighborly.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
LOL. I was talking about other teams (at least, I think so). Some of the folks out there are some of the nicest folks you'll ever want to meet. Others . . . well . . . some others have agendas that don't include being very neighborly.

So you know Aaron's brother then. :lol:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We could all just meet at your place. We don’t need to taste anyone else’s brisket. I’ll bring a trophy with your name on it. :)

That's very nice of you Owen.

...and speaking of the trophy...there's 2 A's in Aaron.

I think you must be talking about my past teams. :001_302:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You still haven't said who's smoker we are going to use. :biggrin1:

Do you have a trailer? I'd have to throw mine in the back of the truck, but I've been thinking about getting one like you and my son-in-law have.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Do you have a trailer? I'd have to throw mine in the back of the truck, but I've been thinking about getting one like you and my son-in-law have.
Well, we could use mine. It works like a champ...heavy as hell though. I have no trailer.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Now that I think about it, lets just join my brothers team...:w00t::lol1:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yep, North Austin

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Somehow, from the avatar, I knew he was one of them de-horned things. :001_tt2:

proxy.php

Top Bottom