What's new

Anyone weighed any empty soap containers?

I'm wondering if any of you fine folk might have weighed out empty soap containers after you've finished a product off, or would be able to.

I saw that @ShavingByTheNumbers posted in a different thread about the weight of a Soap Commander tub, but I was hoping to put together the weights for some other products like B&M, Mike's, CRSW, GD etc... if you might an empty that you're able to weight and post it, would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Here are the weights that I have. Some are more precise than others because I got a more refined scale about a year ago.

B&M White Label clear tub Soap: tub - 55.8
Dr. Jon’s tin container - 2 oz. Soap: tub - 22.4; lid - 15.3
Ikea Grundtal container Soap: tub - 67.7; lid - 25.9
Meisner Tremonia glass tub Soap: tub - 203
Mystic Water plastic tub Soap: tub - 56

Al's Shaving Cream black plastic sample container (no lid): 5.2
Deluxe Shaving Co. white plastic sample container: 3; lid - 2
L&L Grooming tin sample container: 6.1; lid - 5.4
Maggard clear plastic soap sample container: 7.2; lid - 3.3
Stirling tin sample container: 20; lid - 15
TTFFC tin sample container: 8.9; lid - 7.7
Wholly Kaw clear plastic soap sample container: 7.6; lid - 2.3

Great measurements, @bobmsp, and great thread, @jesseix. Here are more measurements:

Soap Commander Integrity Shaving Soap:
jar + cap w/o labels - 81.45 g
jar w/o label - 55.63 g
cap w/o label - 25.82 g​
The Art of Shaving Lavender Shaving Cream:
tube w/ cap - 16.23 g​

The Body Shop Mechanics For Men™ Shave Cream (discontinued before the Maca Root formula) tub + cap = 43 g

First Canadian Shave Soap Co. tub + cap = 41 g

I got a note from someone that empty 4oz Catie's Bubbles tub/cap is 1.9oz, which I'm going to convert to approximately 54 grams.
I weighed out a CB cap from my tub this morning at 18 grams, so that would put the tub itself at approx 36 grams.

I hope I never get this desperate for entertainment!
What, you mean reading posts on a website about shaving? :001_tt2:
In all seriousness though, I do think this is useful for people wanting to know how much soap they have left in a container, either for personal use or sale/trade purposes. Its easy to look at a tub and say Oh its about 75% or so, but at least for me I really have no idea by eyeballing it because I don't remember what the tub looked like when I got it, how many times I've used it, etc.

Here are new measurements. I just recently gave away some of my remaining Stirling Naked & Smooth, and then transferred the vast majority of what was left into a small 0.5 oz. jar. Finally, I thoroughly cleaned and dried the Stirling green plastic jar and cap. The original labels are still on the jar and cap. Mass measurements were made right after calibrating my 0.01 g resolution scale.

Stirling's green plastic container with original labels:
Mass of cap = 23.70 g
Mass of jar = 56.29 g
Mass of jar and cap = 79.99 g​

Top Bottom