What's new

Anyone using Micellar Water?

I saw some ad or something about this stuff a couple of weeks ago and had no idea what it was. I googled it and read all sorts of praise on it. No alcohol, glycerin, cleans well, no washing your face, good toner, etc. Picked up a small bottle yesterday for a couple of bucks to try it out. I thought it may replace the witch hazel I occasionally use that does seem to dry out my skin (cheap 14% alcohol Equate brand).

Well, as an aftershave/toner it's terrible. Leaves your skin as sticky as rubbing honey all over it.

Not being one to waste a couple bucks, I did more research on it and poured it into a mister bottle. Today, instead of rubbing water over my face before shaving, I misted my face with it before lathering. It resulted in a very slick feeling lather and I got a great shave. I'm assuming that's the glycerin in it.

I'm also one of those guys that uses the leftover lather in the brush to wash my face afterwards, so got rid of all of the Micellar Water that was on my forehead and T-zone by doing this. No sticky feel, saved water by misting and benefited during the shave and the post shave skincare.

Just thought I'd post this to let others know. Has anyone else tried it for shaving or skin care?

First of all. I do not even know where you live.

B.) Why do you have water in your cellar and why would I want it?

#3 You are a terrible spellerer of the words. It is spelled "my cellar" as in:

"Anyone using my cellar water?"

Fixed it, you are welcome.

First of all. I do not even know where you live.

B.) Why do you have water in your cellar and why would I want it?

#3 You are a terrible spellerer of the words. It is spelled "my cellar" as in:

"Anyone using my cellar water?"

Fixed it, you are welcome.
Oh boy… what a great opportunity for a lesson on skin care… and humility. But I’ll leave that for the OP.

If it was a joke (I hope so), you can disregard my post.

Is it good for lathering?

Do you mean on its own without any soap/cream? I really have no idea. The glycerin content is pretty high, though, and definitely seemed to help the lather of my soap- which is not a shave soap- Le Serail Savon de Marseille olive oil based.

I never got into the whole "super lather" phase from years ago, but I do remember people buying liquid glycerin from the pharmacy and adding a few drops to their lather/soap to make it slicker and work better. This seemed to do the same thing.

I think the best way one would use it is pre shave.

It can be used as a mild and hydrating cleanser and it’s generally applied with cotton pads. And it does a nice job in that area.

I wouldn’t put it as an aftershave.

Top Bottom