What's new

Anyone using Martin de Candre (MdC) as a shaving stick?

Hi folks,
Quick question:

Is anyone using Martin de Candre as a shaving stick?
If so, can you share why the stick format works better for you than a bowl/scuttle preparation?
Thank you for any information you may provide.
FG

I have never used MdC but I do use a Tabac puck as a shave stick the majority of the time. The reason is that I'm too lazy to bowl lather and I've had Tabac pucks get kind of goopy in the bowl after long periods of shaving with it every day (and probably using too much water in my brush). This way, I use less of the soap than loading from the puck and only one side of the puck gets wet.

FWIW, this is my last puck of Tabac. The rest of my Tabac collection are shave sticks.

I load the brush from the jar and face lather. It’s a little harder to load from the bowl as it gets to the bottom, so maybe a stick would work better from that perspective.

I have two MdC soaps (original and fougere) and it seems to be too much of a hassle to try and make a stick out of it to me

I like the creativity! A sharp knife with an old dry brick of soap could work.

Mine is in the glass Lego container and I like it there. Though there’s an idea to turn the soap on edge so you could just rub it on your face and then have a holder for it. Intriguing!

A stick would increase the surface area.

Top Bottom