What's new

Anyone using a Hobonichi Techo Planner

I picked up a 2021 Hobonichi Techo yearly planner to replace my Leuchtturm 1917 as my shave journal. I wasn't happy with the layout of the Leuchtturm and the Hobo lends itself better to daily entries:

hobo techo.jpg

Anyone else using the Hobonichi for planning or journaling?
hobo techo.jpg

Just acquired a Cousin for 2021. Long time user of Franklin Planner, will try ditching the rings this year and see how it goes.

I have a Covey for my daily planning and scheduling. I don't think I'll change over quite yet, but the Hobo looks like a great alternative.

I'm not even sure if using it for a shave journal is the direction I want to go. I have room in the Covey for that. But I'm not sure what I'd use the Techo for if not noting the razor I've used, blade count, brush, soap, aftershave and shave quality.

The Hobonichi planner comes with a sheet with a bunch of ideas, but I'm not a sketcher, or a sticker person. I already have a journal for books I've read and movies I've seen. Pretty sad when your life is such that you have nothing to put in a Life Book, as Hobonichi calls it.

I have a Covey for my daily planning and scheduling. I don't think I'll change over quite yet, but the Hobo looks like a great alternative.

I'm not even sure if using it for a shave journal is the direction I want to go. I have room in the Covey for that. But I'm not sure what I'd use the Techo for if not noting the razor I've used, blade count, brush, soap, aftershave and shave quality.

The Hobonichi planner comes with a sheet with a bunch of ideas, but I'm not a sketcher, or a sticker person. I already have a journal for books I've read and movies I've seen. Pretty sad when your life is such that you have nothing to put in a Life Book, as Hobonichi calls it.

Just started using fountain pens this year. Having used Franklin Covey "Classic" size for many years, I opted for the Hobonichi Cousin in A5 size, about twice as big as a Techo. The Techo comes in an English language version, but the Cousin does not. Lots of inspirational quotes written in Japanese that I can't read without using a translator app on my phone!

I've been keeping some shave notes in the Franklin Covey under the "Daily Tracker" section. For example, this is my setup for today:

Prep: Proraso White Pre
Razor: Ever-Ready
Blade: GEM Coated (2)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Lather: Proraso White Cream
After: Witch Hazel, Proraso White Balm

I need to start giving my shaves a rating, like a letter grade or numerical score that I can put in the index. That way, I will have an easy reference months or years from now when I want to go back and revisit something that was really enjoyable.

Having used fine and extra fine nibs, I find the Franklin Covey paper fountain pen friendly, but do have some ghosting. The Tomoe River paper in the Hobonichi planners is largely the reason I am giving it a try this year.

I picked up a 2021 Hobonichi Techo yearly planner to replace my Leuchtturm 1917 as my shave journal. I wasn't happy with the layout of the Leuchtturm and the Hobo lends itself better to daily entries:

View attachment 1200236

Anyone else using the Hobonichi for planning or journaling?View attachment 1200236
I have just purchased a Travellers Notebook setup, and also use a Roterfaden Taschenbegleiter system! Good stuff, just need to be consistent and find out what works for you !!!

Top Bottom