What's new

Anyone use only 1 soap or cream?

One of the things that I enjoy about wetshaving, is the never-ending quest for a better shave via trying new products. Having said that, has anyone found a software product that is SO superior to the others they've tried, that they use it exclusively??

I don't see myself EVER getting to that point, so I wonder if anyone else has.

Beerman

I have a number of soaps, but the only thing I really use now is Arko. I've not found anything better, and the value is fantastic.

I'm really tempted by one particular soap/pre-shave/balm set-up, but I don't think I could ever use it exclusively. For one thing, the line-up is missing an after-shave splash. But I do love the soap! (TFS Bergamotto Neroli hard soap.)

Besides, there is the matter of all my other soaps and creams. Some I could quietly drop, but some are so good I could never let them go, like Simpsons Vanilla Rose.

I only use one soap. Van Der Hagen. Technically two because I switch between their luxury and deluxe. But that's an issue of necessity. Most soaps are too expensive so I haven't tried a whole lot yet.

You're joking, right? I've gotten down to about a half dozen soaps/creams, and can't imagine ever keeping any less around.

--Bob

I started DE shaving in late summer last year. My plan is to end up with only one cream with which to make a super lather. The other half of my superlather is always a soap stick, and I haven't decided if I want to find just the right one and stay with it or keep a variety. I'll probably be making that decision in the next month or two.

I have around 8 or 9 soaps/creams at home. And i love using each and everyone of them. To use only one, for me, negates the whole fun and variety of the shaving experience. As they say....'variety is the spice of life'. :lol: I certainly have a few favorites, but i love trying new soaps/creames, excitement of the trying and mastering process (getting the absolute best lather, which can take some experimentation with each setup) is too good to let go :thumbup1:

no, but I usually rotate 4 or 5 cream/soaps and try to keep stock fresh by using them up within 18 months of opening.

Humm, I think I can do that. Just find one soap that does it all and stick with it. I am going through a whole puck of VDH Luxury right now using it 6 days a week and swiching off to Proraso, Cella, etc. on Sunday and I can honestly say the more I use the VDH the more I like it. After this puck is gone I will dive into my other soaps and creams just to use them up and that will take about a year. After that who knows. It may just be one and done.

Gentlemen, as we know, variety is the spice of our shaving life! Perish the though of only having one cream or soap, or for that matter, one razor, one brand of blades, or one brush.

I'm close. I've been just using C O Bigelow and La Toja for the past 5-6 months, And, I am happy with just the two.

I have been using only one cream for six months in an attempt to keep one constant among 30 different razors and 6 different blades.
so,, yes,, just one, and no i'm not 'joking'..

Top Bottom