What's new

Anyone use brushless shave creams?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wife uses the Clubman brushless shave cream in the shower ... soap suds rinse off too easily, this ooky stuff stays on better for leg shaving.

I use Cremo for creating superlathers. ...Cremo bourbon pairs well with PdP 63. ...

This caught my instant attention, too. I generally don't care for these, but that bourbon Cremo does smell great and I DO also have the PdP63.

AA

I don't use "brush less" creams but when I use a cream (I usually use canned foam) I always use it without a brush,it works way better this way,more lubrication and faster shave.
Simply rub a small dab in your stubble and form a lubricating paste and off you go.

Cremo
KMF

Technically, all creams can be used without a brush, but some don't take to a brush at all. KMF works great with a brush. Cremo does not. At least for me.

I seem to use brushless products as much as lathered. Neutrogena, Cremo, King of Shaves, Clubman Classic, El Patron, Edge 2 in 1, are all in rotation. I also use tube and tub creams applied with the fingers to a slick, thin layer. A huge lather does not really do anything, as the real action is where the blade meets the whisker, and that's where the brushless products excel...there's a concentration of product right where the cutting takes place. Another plus is that these products are faster to use, so they are great for when there's no time to prep and use a brush.

Tomorrow's shave will be with Eveline Menline brushless gel from Poland....
DSCN3567.JPG

Harry's gel actually isn't bad, better than Edge Sensitive, and 2 oz making it ideal for travel. Wife gave me a can and HarrysHrazor before our trip to Canada.

Probably the best cart I've used in 20 years as well. Not as close as my favorite DEs, but totally idiot proof, comfortable, and as good as some lesser DEs.

No Brush, No Lather, No Rub In.

In the past I've used Burms Shave, Palmolive Brushless, and Ingram (green) among others. Currently using Cremo. Reuzel and Proraso brushless SC.

Cremo, when I'm in a hurry.

I prefer to use it as a pre-shave, but it will do the job if I'm in a hurry, or do not have access to my other soaps or creams.

I seem to use brushless products as much as lathered. Neutrogena, Cremo, King of Shaves, Clubman Classic, El Patron, Edge 2 in 1, are all in rotation. I also use tube and tub creams applied with the fingers to a slick, thin layer. A huge lather does not really do anything, as the real action is where the blade meets the whisker, and that's where the brushless products excel...there's a concentration of product right where the cutting takes place. Another plus is that these products are faster to use, so they are great for when there's no time to prep and use a brush.
All very true - for this reason I often use the King of Shaves oil and gel and on holiday/weekend the Kiehl’s Precision Shave Lotion or Rituals Samurai Magic Shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried brushless yet, I should have some coming in the mail soon. Will see how they go then.

I have used Cremo Cream and Trader Joe's brushless creams and gotten good shave results. I have also tried one or two from SE Asia (e.g. India) that have worked out fairly well. Still I prefer to use a cream that needs water and a brush.

I use Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel (no added fragrance and "natural colloidal oatmeal") when I want to go brushless. Been doing so for 20 years. It's great.

I had to figure out what was causing irritation, so i started using Vanicream. By itself, shave was ok, nothing great. But if i leave my pre shave soap (Stirling Unscented) on, i get a great shave. No lather at all, but very slick, close, and irritation free.

I use Zirh shaving gel as a pre-shave. It is the best skin product I've ever used. I can feel the effects 12 hours later. so smooth.
MM879

Another shout out to Cremo. It's what I typically use to turn people on to better shaving stuff when they are used to canned goop. It's a great way to let people try out aoemsomet that performs much better for a cheap price that they can find most places and don't have to also have a bowl or brush.

That said though, I prefer Pacific Shavings Caffeinated Shave Cream myself over Cremo in terms of performance and the feeling after using it but it's a good bit harder to find at least in my city.

SPLENDID shaving powder shave this morning..A little powder mixed with wet hands creates an invisible , extremely slick " cream "... great stuff from Greece..
DSCN4167.JPG

My wife bought me a tube of Cremo Bourbon, and I gave it a try this morning. Good stuff! Very slick, scent is great, a little goes a long way. No complaints here.

Top Bottom