What's new

Anyone Use a Steep Angle When Shaving with a SE Razor?

Skin deforms, so it might be doable.

Sometimes my angle is a little steeper and the head isn't perfectly against my face. I notice this with any SE razor, including Bic's. Honestly I think this is due to the influence of the DE razor on my shaving technique.

You're better off learning to use a shallow angle, at least if you are new to this.

After 64 years of shaving like grandpa did, I can tell you that you would be "better-off" to listen to the blade as it cuts -- and, stop talking about this "shallow angle-stuff".

After 64 years of shaving like grandpa did, I can tell you that you would be "better-off" to listen to the blade as it cuts -- and, stop talking about this "shallow angle-stuff".

I have a bathroom exhaust fan, so I rarely hear the blade cutting.

Steep angle SE shaving is still working. I've had three such shaves since my initial post, two more with the G-bar and today with a Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf. All have been amazing close and comfortable shaves.

I had gotten the Clog-pruf two months ago and only used it twice during SEptember. My impression at the time: An okay shaver, not as mild as the Micromatic Bullet Tip. Hardly impressive. But today's shave, at the new steep angle, gave me a much better shave then "okay." I'm really marveling at how nice the shave this morning was.

20191118_150258.jpg

It's working on SE razors, too.

In order to effectively shave steep, you have to make one more mod to your technique - you need to get the guard contributing to the shave. What?!? You need to apply a bit of pressure, just enough to cause to cause the guard to gently stretch the skin, but not so much that the blade digs in. Once you walk that tightrope ... magic.
Man,
this is the secret that I don't cut myself,
I hope people notice this treasure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom