What's new

Anyone try the new John Varvatos Artisan?

I was at Macy's today and smelled the original Varvatos and it was a great vanilla-leathery smell!! I do not know about the artisan.

I tried it the last time I was at the mall and I really liked it, should be a good one for summer. I'll pick up a bottle when I can find it a little cheaper. The bottle is pretty cool and unique also.

I gave myself a complete spray when I was in Nordstrom's yesterday and I am just undecided about it. The citrus scent just seems a little heavy and artificial to me, but longevity was good and the scent seemed to improve during the dry down phase. I am going to have to try it again before I come to a definitive opinion.

I smelled this one and the Classic side by side, and much preferred the older scent.

However, after I sprayed it on and wore it for awhile, I really didn't like the scent much. It also faded pretty rapidly.

It has some neroli and citrus notes. It is nice, but nothing original. I was rather disapointed by this realease, as I held JV and his perfumer (Mauricio or Manuel something) as very good brand with an outstanding and yet humble pair of scents.

Now, this juice is not bad at all. It is pretty good, but it has been done before, maybe not as cheap, but definitelly better. There are a few colgones by guerlain which smell just as good as Artisan. There is Neroli by L'occitane, and the excelent Naroli by C&S.

It's a nice citrus frag. Tried it at Ulta a couple of days ago and it's good but nothing groundbreaking. Definitely not offensive if that's what you're looking for.

IMHO, the original is the only one worth picking up. Vintage is not so good, and Artisan is even less good.

IMHO, the original is the only one worth picking up. Vintage is not so good, and Artisan is even less good.

You didn't like the Vintage? I think it's a pretty well put-together scent. I would have liked it more if the leather was a bit more pronounced but for what it is I think it's pretty good stuff. The original is pretty good as well.

You didn't like the Vintage? I think it's a pretty well put-together scent. I would have liked it more if the leather was a bit more pronounced but for what it is I think it's pretty good stuff. The original is pretty good as well.

The big berry note in the drydown put my nose off. But that said, it probably also suffers by comparison with the original JV, which I like quite a lot.

The big berry note in the drydown put my nose off. But that said, it probably also suffers by comparison with the original JV, which I like quite a lot.

I love the original, it has a very nice vanilla, leather scent...that plus my GIT are my go to colognes!

Top Bottom