What's new

Anyone try the CVS injector blades?

Subject is the question, but I'll reiterate. CVS carries a house brand of injector blades, anyone try them? I can't recall, did Walmart carry a brand of Injector blades? (maybe personna?) Were they any good?

I'm trying to find a good local supply of injector blades, I don't want to have to order from drugstore.com every time!

I use them regularly and find them to do a good job. I don't use them every day as I like my DE's better for the most part. My wife uses an injector to shave her legs and the CVS brand blades is what we buy. I of course have not tried any other injector blades so I have no point of reference except to tell you that I use feathers most often in my DE's. I would like to know if you try them how they compare to what you have been ordering online.

Well, if you've had luck with them they're worth giving a go. How would you say they compare, aggressiveness wise, to a feather? I mean, other than the fact that Feathers are known for being REALLY aggressive.

Subject is the question, but I'll reiterate. CVS carries a house brand of injector blades, anyone try them? I can't recall, did Walmart carry a brand of Injector blades? (maybe personna?) Were they any good?

I'm trying to find a good local supply of injector blades, I don't want to have to order from drugstore.com every time!

Isn't Schick right there in southeast CT Milford?

Milford isn't in Southeastern CT. :biggrin:

Anyone use the Personna injector blades?

Some say that the blades sold by Ted Pella are Personnas. I tend to agree, as I've shaved with both and they look/shave the same to me. I recently ordered some from EMS and I suspect they are the same as the Pellas (same price, packaging, etc.)

I had no complaints about the CVS blades, but yesterday I was in Drug Emporium (Denton, TX) and discovered that they still stock real Schick injector blades, all-metal case, made in Germany. The price was $5.34 for a pack of 7. Check eBay prices if you want a shock.

Sure. A lot of drug stores have them. If they have any Injector blades, it's usually these. Hence the thread title reference to them being CVS blades.....

-Mo

I meant personna's Mo, this is my thread after all :wink: I should have been more specific when asking the clarifying question

I meant personna's Mo, this is my thread after all :wink: I should have been more specific when asking the clarifying question

Oops. :redface: Indeed it is your thread, so yes.....

But actually, as it happens, the answer is still the same. The CVS blades ARE Personnas. So no needed to go looking anywhere else. There are, as far as anyone has been able to find, only two kinds of injector blades. Personna, which are usually sold in packs of 7 under house brands like CVS, but can be purchased in 20 packs online from a company called tedpella.ccom, and Schick, which are bloody hard to find, but perhaps a little sharper and smoother. (You can also, if OCD about sharpness, clip a Feather AC blade down to fit and Injector.)

-Mo

Oops. :redface: Indeed it is your thread, so yes.....

But actually, as it happens, the answer is still the same. The CVS blades ARE Personnas. So no needed to go looking anywhere else. There are, as far as anyone has been able to find, only two kinds of injector blades. Personna, which are usually sold in packs of 7 under house brands like CVS, but can be purchased in 20 packs online from a company called tedpella.ccom, and Schick, which are bloody hard to find, but perhaps a little sharper and smoother. (You can also, if OCD about sharpness, clip a Feather AC blade down to fit and Injector.)

-Mo

Well that DOES answer the question, doesn't it! Thanks Mo. I think I'll try the personna's on my next go around. Actually, Martin is being nice enough to send an L series my way with some various blades for me to try out.

I tell ya, you guys are alright.

If you like the Personnas, they are cheap as dirt (almost) online from Pellas and EMS. I bought a bunch at $4.50 for 20, and have had no problem in using them in seveal injectors. I also bought 100 single edged blades at the same time from EMS as the coated blades are nonexistant at any pharmacy in my area. Lot of good stuff out there for wetshaving that you an not find locally.

Top Bottom