What's new

Anyone try Supply Provision's The Single Edge SE razor yet?

I know they are being mailed out now to the first of the Kickstarters and I know that the design of version 1 has a quirk where you can't eject the blade conventionally, but what I am curious about is how it shaves. I really like to get a shot at it with the mild baseplate just to see if a SE injector style worked for me. Anyone here take the leap yet?

I preordered one after the Kickstarter campaign. It hasn't shipped yet. I choose the custom one with the 3 plates. I'll post my review once I get it.

I've sent a few emails to Patrick, the founder of the company, and he responded quickly every time. A very nice guy.

I was a backer and on Friday received an email requesting that I notify them within 48 hours if my mailing address had changed, as they were preparing to ship.

I will most certainly have more to say after a few shaves. :thumbup:

--Bob

I have 8 shaves with nine so far. It's the base model with the medium plate. My first attempt at using it was a disaster; when loading the blade a drug the edge along the guard. This of course rendered the blade unfit to cut anything. A little research on B&B revealed this common mistake of folks new to injector razors and the next blade worked fine. I wanted to post a review earlier, but I was waiting on a ruling from the mods about whether it was legal to post yet. It is. It's my first injector, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it quite a bit. My normal 2-pass routine gives my a good DFS with little effort. So far, I don't even feel beard being cut. The razor feels good in my hand, but it's just a bit heavy. I'm not going to sell of my DE's, but I like this razor and I'm happy with my purchase.

What a time to be in! I've lost count how many new razors are being made. This is at least the third or fourth new SE, there seems to be at least a dozen or more new DE razors out this past year or so.

Wow.

Indeed. I took delivery on a Rocnel a couple of weeks ago, my ATT SE1 arrived yesterday, I received my address confirmation for the Single Edge on Friday, the Mongoose has finally become readily available, and new SE's from Ikon and Bullgoose are in the works.

--Bob

Seems to me it does work properly. I've had the same' problem' with Schicks and Pal Injectors. It arises from using injector magazines which weren't designed for the razor, so it's not a razor flaw as such. Sometimes the magazine needs a bit of coaxing is all.

Seems to me it does work properly. I've had the same' problem' with Schicks and Pal Injectors. It arises from using injector magazines which weren't designed for the razor, so it's not a razor flaw as such. Sometimes the magazine needs a bit of coaxing is all.
Well the guys who designed it are making a change to it so they're not 100% happy with it either I'd say.

I'm very interested in this razor as I recently received my first injector a couple of weeks ago and am getting great, easy shaves from it. Just wish the thing (my current injector) was all metal like a DE. Glad they are making this one.

I put in an order prior to them offering the "custom" package and when I emailed them to change my order i got bumped in line...

Indeed. I took delivery on a Rocnel a couple of weeks ago, my ATT SE1 arrived yesterday, I received my address confirmation for the Single Edge on Friday, the Mongoose has finally become readily available, and new SE's from Ikon and Bullgoose are in the works.

--Bob
Also razorock is coming out with the Wunderbar a new slant razor

Top Bottom