What's new

Anyone try mixing Osage Rub + Aqua Velva?

I know the Bootlegger's "Green Freeze" (50/50 Skin Bracer : Osage Rub) is good, but has anyone ever tried the Osage and Aqua Velva? I did today. 2 parts (U.S.) Aqua Velva to 1 part Lime Sec. A 50/50 mix was too overpowering with the Osage and drowned out the AV. The 2:1 mix was much better.

Boy is it good after using PAA's Double Open Comb with a shimmed Feather blade, the "Fat" and an alum block.

Are you mixing the AV with Osage Rub or Lime Sec? Your post mentioned both... Either way, sounds interesting!

Bumping in case anyone else has both Osage and AV sitting in the den.

I did a little experimenting this morning, first mixing at 1:1, then 2:1 and finally 3:1 of AV to Osage. As previously mentioned the Osage can overpower the AV so I found the 3:1 to be the best combination of AV scent and Osage cooling.

I tried Osage Rub with Ice Blue. Ok, but not crazy about it. The one lotion mixed with Osage Rub I enjoy is Skin Bracer. One lotion I like with Ice Blue is Florida Water.

I tried Osage Rub with Ice Blue. Ok, but not crazy about it. The one lotion mixed with Osage Rub I enjoy is Skin Bracer. One lotion I like with Ice Blue is Florida Water.
I haven't had Skin Bracer or Florida Water in the den for quite a few years - they sound like great combinations too

Not tried AV mixed with Osage...but I do have an AV bottle filled with Clubman and Osage...Club Rub lol. It's quite noice!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I haven't had Skin Bracer or Florida Water in the den for quite a few years - they sound like great combinations too

If you liked Bootlegger's Green freeze, you might like Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast. Equal parts, Osage Rub and Pinaud Lime Sec. Has the cold blast of Green Freeze, but with Lime! :)

Top Bottom