What's new

Anyone try a Muhle R41?

I presume it is, but the finishing on the handle looks a bit like an EJ. They're cjheap enough to go new and probably better than the 11c.

As far as I can tell from my cross referencing, I'm assuming this is the R41... anyone try it? I can't find better pictures online, but I'm assuming it is a foxy piece of machinery. Anyone have one? Any opinions?

It is definitely a Muehle R41, vintage 2008 (and earlier, I presume). The newer R41s are the same in name only. Different head, handle, plating.

I like the looks of the nickel plate on the 2008 model more than the chrome on the newer model.

I had one of these but sold it unused. It just did not feel comfortable in my hand. I certainly liked the looks of it!

Here are my pictures of it...

It is definitely a Muehle R41, vintage 2008 (and earlier, I presume). The newer R41s are the same in name only. Different head, handle, plating.

I like the looks of the nickel plate on the 2008 model more than the chrome on the newer model.

I had one of these but sold it unused. It just did not feel comfortable in my hand. I certainly liked the looks of it!

Here are my pictures of it...

man... that is foxy. Although I've been looking, and I kind of like the newer ones, too. There's an open ebay listing for someone who has the new handle, the open comb head, and the closed comb head. My credit-card finger is getting itchy.

man... that is foxy. Although I've been looking, and I kind of like the newer ones, too. There's an open ebay listing for someone who has the new handle, the open comb head, and the closed comb head. My credit-card finger is getting itchy.

Hmmm. $45 shipped from Amazon. I gave my buyer a great deal at $32!

But they are no longer being made so maybe you should go for the Amazon deal. One day soon they will only be available on the secondary market.

I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of open comb razors lately, and I came across this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Muehle-Nickel...=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1242821261&sr=8-12

As far as I can tell from my cross referencing, I'm assuming this is the R41... anyone try it? I can't find better pictures online, but I'm assuming it is a foxy piece of machinery. Anyone have one? Any opinions?

I have the old version (R89) and the new which is now known as the R41 (confusing, right?)
I prefer the old. it is aggressive and needs practice with the angle and pressure. I think it works best with a feather and with a few days growth of beard. I used it after surgery and a week hospital stay and it gave a BBS shave when I returned home.
I don't feel the same about the new chrome version. It looks terrific but is lighter and I think it sports a different head. I got razor burn using it.

This was my first razor. It came with Astra blades and shaved great. I always got a bit of redness, but I was learning. When I ran out of blades I bought some supermarket blade, I couldn't stand the pain of those blades in this razor. this is an agressive razor that needs a sharp/ smooth blade. Much less forgiving than an SS or an HD.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have the old version (R89) and the new which is now known as the R41 (confusing, right?)I prefer the old. it is aggressive and needs practice with the angle and pressure. I think it works best with a feather and with a few days growth of beard. I used it after surgery and a week hospital stay and it gave a BBS shave when I returned home.
I don't feel the same about the new chrome version. It looks terrific but is lighter and I think it sports a different head. I got razor burn using it.

I would say you are part right with this. The handle is different (new R41 vs old R89). The old R89 had a double ring and the new R41 is a single ring. I think the R89 was a bit heavier but the head seems the same. I would think they shave the same as the head looks very similar.

Once again a big THANK YOU to everyone here at B&B for keeping my RAD in perfect working order.

Ordered one...didn't think about it....just did it....total impulse....just happened....next thing I knew.....I was logging into paypal....not really sure how I got there.

Top Bottom