What's new

Anyone tried Proraso single blade?

I was prowling around on amazon, and saw that Proraso has released a line of beard care products under their new single blade series. I'm a man of little will power, so I grabbed up a bottle of the azur lime beard cream. Anyone else try this stuff yet? It looks like they are carrying a beard cream, beard oil, and a soap/conditioner kind of beard wash. To make it worse, they have tins with all three in a matched scent setup for less than buying separately!

Ok, I have a week of using the Proraso beard cream under my belt now. It's...pretty decent. I think the highlight is the scent. I went with azur lime for this one, and really like it. Clean, masculine, and citrusy. Lime seems to be more of a top note than a base of the fragrance. It stuck around for more than a few hours, enough for me to catch a fleeting whiff once in a while long after applying.

Performance was decent. I was hoping for more moisturizing properties, but it wasn't too bad at all. The cream dried relatively quickly with no residue left behind. It seems to fall right in line with all of Proraso's other items as being a good, middle of the road option.

I recently got a bottle of the Wood and Spice beard oil. It smells great, but I'm still on the fence about its performance. It's very light--much lighter than the Kiehl's or the Honest Amish oils that I had been using. I feel like my beard just absorbs it, without much effect. I'm definitely going to use it up, but I don't know if I would replace it.

Top Bottom