What's new

Anyone tried Pecksniffs creams?

I was in my local TK Maxx today and they have a load of Pecksniffs shaving cream in Leather, Citrus and Oriental flavours.

Apparently they retail at £35(!) for 100ml but they were on sale for £8.99.

Has anyone used these? What are they like?

I may just buy some tomorrow.

Thanks!

John

Hello John. Take a close look at those creams. Are they packaged in tubes or plastic jars? I bought the "shave cream" in a plastic jar and it is hard as any soap. Because that is what it is. Mine is the fougere scent. I like it but hardly use it. This actually makes me want to use it tomorrow. It is detergent based but lathers nicely, leaves a great after the shave feel to the skin, and the scent is good but not outstanding. At 9 quid or so, it is most assuredly worth it. Now, if this is a soft cream in tubes, then I cannot speak to its efficacy. Best of luck but so far, my experience with Pecksniff's has been good. I am really interested in the leather scent.

Regards, Todd

Sorry. I just checked my jar and it is 200ml. So it is certainly different to what you are looking at.

Last edited:
I picked up a couple of these at my local TK Maxx - although they were only £6.99.

I like them, they're kind of a mix between soap and cream. I tend to leave some hot water soaking on top whilst I shower, then lather up after dumping the extra.

It's not as good as the Kent/MWF soaps that can be had on ebay for the same price. But that said they're still a reasonable soap and I love the scents :)

Mine is a screw top tub in a nice gift box...

Hmmm..... maybe I'll give those a miss, thanks guys.

I've been on the Pecksniffs site and this variety is not listed, I can only assume they are a discontinued line.

Sounds like Todd has the new ones!

I'd forgotten I'd even posted that on the 'other' area....

Still, at least I didn't undermine my previous comment! Scent = nice :biggrin:

Must be losing it....... :blink:

I got some today in Craigavon TK Maxx, £4.99, cant beat that, well worth a try. Also got a St James's Of London one, Cedarwood and Clarysage, a creme in a jar, smells divine £5.99

The ST James Cedarwood will blow the Pecksniffs out of the water - it's one of the best creams I've used. Well worth the £6 (although my local TK Maxx had them priced at £6 and £7 for exactly the same thing...)

I think I'd choose a different name for my company!! Something folks wouldn't poke fun at....like Lipschitz!

We have a rather good real ale here from Butcombe brewery, near Bristol. One of my morris team mates loves it but won't buy it at the bar as he's too embarrassed to ask for it!

Gareth

Top Bottom