What's new

Anyone tried Lord Cool & Lord Classic Stainless?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_s-l1600.jpg fotor_.jpg Are they good? My favourite is Astra SP. Not that I've tried a lot of blades.

I only see these in Singapore. No other Lord blades available.

I think the lord Classics are great blades, too much under the radar perhaps, sharp, very forgiving and for me good for 5/6 shaves.

The Cools are more on the same level with Lord blades like Big Ben, Asco and Racer; not bad but they lack a bit of sharpness imo.

Go for the Classics!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am using the Lord Classic this week for the first time. So far so good. Lord Cool I did not know existed until I saw this thread. Something for me to look for now.

I think the lord Classics are great blades, too much under the radar perhaps, sharp, very forgiving and for me good for 5/6 shaves.

The Cools are more on the same level with Lord blades like Big Ben, Asco and Racer; not bad but they lack a bit of sharpness imo.

Go for the Classics!
Thanks I'll go grab a pack once my new slant arrives.

I am using the Lord Classic this week for the first time. So far so good. Lord Cool I did not know existed until I saw this thread. Something for me to look for now.
Is the classic as sharp and smooth as astra?

The lord blades are so cheap here I don't know why I didn't buy this and bought the supermax instead.

50 classic costs SGD$2.90 or $3.50. 25 cool is only SGD$1.50.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
For me the Astra maybe slightly ahead, but only just. With blades it is tough judging what works for me against what works for you. I start the week with a different razor and sometimes different blade . This week I tried the Lord Classic and the week did not start off so good but it is improving as the week goes on. The razor and the blade I am getting used to and the shaves have improved. Most of my 100 blade purchases have been Lord Blades and all $10 Australian or cheaper.

I have no experience with the Cools. Long time since I tried a Classic, which was a mid-tier blade for me. Definitely not as sharp as the Astra SP. Worth trying both IMHO!!

Funny as i think Astra's SP are way below the Lord Classics and I gave away most of the 100 blades i ordered some years ago. Simply too much tugging going on and certainly not as smooth.

Definitely YMMV going on here, as always with razor blades.

Funny as i think Astra's SP are way below the Lord Classics and I gave away most of the 100 blades i ordered some years ago. Simply too much tugging going on and certainly not as smooth.

Definitely YMMV going on here, as always with razor blades.

Astra SP give me nasty irritation on the neck. Perhaps it's the coating, but they don't do it for me.

I tried the Cool awhile back when I ordered from RBC. It's a good blade. Got nice smooth shaves, with an easy DFS as a result. I always toss blades after 6/7 shaves, so don't know if it can go longer.
Right now, my favorites are Zorrik Platinum, Rapira Platinum Lux, GSB, Feathers, Astra Platinum. Not up to those standards, but like most Lord blades, a solid inexpensive blade.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

When I used modern blades i remember Lord Cools as decent blades but remarkable in their longevity. I could get into the double digits before noticing any decline.

Well I just tried the lord platinum class blade today. I'm impressed with the super smoothness and close shave.

Do these two shave the same?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(1).png

Top Bottom