What's new

Anyone tried euromax blades

B

Barney14

I bought some about 6 months ago from a UK based seller on eBay.
I used them in a pre war Tech in which they worked really well, they were sharp and smooth over 3 shaves i use a blade for, definitely worth trying.

Buddy sent me some; seems like a copy of the Super Max Blue Diamonds.

Almost as good, little scrapier to me first shave but good blades.

I have already bought of these from Razorbladesclub Sweden. Medium sharpness but pretty coarse. Similar indeed to the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinums. Some even speculate that these are made from an offshoot of the SuperMax factory or are rebranded SuperMax blades.

I tried and was surprised. It is much more sharp and comfortable than I expected.

I tried with Rocca, GC.84, Futur, EJ89, 34C, Parker A1R, Parker 87R.

My perception on sharpness wise is 75%. If I did not bought many other blades, I may be happy to buy 100 pieces pack.

In order to give an idea sharpness wise my perception of some other known blades are as follows:

Astra SS 70%

Astra SP 60%

Gillette Silver Blue 80 %

Derby Platinum 55%

Derby Extra 50%

Supermax Platinum 40%

Blade perception is very personal and as always YMMV :biggrin1:

Today, I had my first encounter with a Euromax blade. Not the one with the blue diamond but the one with the quality seal stamp thinghy.

It started confusing.
'Euromax' tells me: 'the best Europe has to offer'. Reinforced by the claim 'quality product of Eurostar'. Yet the packaging states 'Made in India'. And google told me they're made with Japanese steel. And Eurostar Group is a company based in Dubai. So as a consumer, I feel fooled. Badly fooled.

Then there's the product. Nice box. The blades are individually wrapped, somewhat like Voskhod: a paper outer wrapper and a greaseproof paper like inner wrapper. Unlike any other blade I've seen, this inner wrapper doesn't cover the entire blade. Let's add a pic of my own:

IMG_20230314_092051.jpg

Finally, there's the shaving. I quite like the blade. It's silent and humble but it does an excellent job. Sharper than Voskhod, less than Bic or Perma-sharp. Closer to the latter than to the former I'd say. After two shaves that is.

A few days ago I swithed to Euromax from my go to GP.

I had enough to the huge drop of WAX in the paper packaging of GP

Euromax sharpness is close to GP (GP is a tiny bit more sharp).

Euromax use double paper packaging which is a cleaner solution.

Top Bottom